Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #56

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!

Top Five Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer

That is if I end up going to the beach this summer! Seriously, being all the way in Upstate NY for the summer means NO BOSTON and NO ATLANTIC OCEAN. I guess I have Lake Ontario but meh. I might just have to change this to "porch reads" HAHA.

I know that beach reads implies "happy, fluffy reads", but I don't really like to read those. I cherish my sob stories hahah. But I'll try to add that ONE happy read. Ha. Haha.


Mosquitoland by David Arnold - I know, this is supposed to be sad too! Even though it is supposed to be funny. I don't know, it has to do with road trips so I think I will count it as a summer and beach read. HA. 

Emmy And Oliver by Robin Benway - According to all the reviews I've been reading, this is supposed to be more light-hearted than it sounds. SO it goes on this short list. Ha. 

A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall - Clearly this is the only true fluffy contemporary on the list, and even then that probably isn't true. HA. But come on, 14 viewpoints of two people getting together? What is the worse that could happen?

I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson - LOOK. IT HAS THE WORD "SUN" IN THE TITLE! 

Life In Outer Space by Melissa Keil - I'm sad that this is hard to find in the US, I guess I'll just have to get it through Amazon. I know for sure my library doesn't have it! 


Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee - Because OREGON TRAIL and also CHINESE AMERICANS! That's me! Even though I'm half.

Burying Water by K. A. Tucker - I have this on my kindle and because of my persuasive little blogger friends, I'm going to read it soon.

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - Also have this on my kindle because YAY AMAZON SALES. And after reading Crimson Bound, I'm going to read all of her books!

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon - Allergies? I think this describes summer and spring pretty well. 

Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley - I recently heard this was about bird people. IS THIS TRUE. Because that would be super amazing! And birds = summer. Look at all these connections I'm making hahaha.


Well I guess I'll be sobbing at the beach. Is it just me, or are more and more books turning out more and more sad?

Anyone mind recommending me ACTUAL HAPPY FLUFFY reads?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.