Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Review: The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen
The Iron Fey #3
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: January 25th, 2011
Source: Library
Date Read: 9/6/15 to 9/17/15
384 pages
Rating: 


My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

And here it is, my final review for the Iron Fey series. Because no, I will not be reading the last book in the series, only because I liked how Kagawa originally ended this. Also, I seriously wonder whether she wrote the epilogue after her editor commented on the ending, causing her to write a fourth book. 

Haven't read the Iron Fey Series? Read at your own risk for spoilers for the last two books!

So, let's review.
  • In The Iron King, Meghan is introduced to the Fey Realm, and she finds out that not only is her half-brother kidnapped by the Iron Fey, but she is half Fey herself. Cue saving her brother, and meeting the Winter Prince along the way, Ash.
  • In The Iron Daughter, Meghan spends her time in the Winter...uh...Kingdom? And it's all pretty boring, and this was my least favorite book because I liked Puck 100x better than Ash. And this was just a huge love triangle drama that I didn't want to deal with.
Fun Fact: I was actually spoiled by the author herself as to what would happen at the end of this book, which is one of the reasons why I ended up reading this, just because I wanted to see how it would work out. Sadly, I wasn't too impressed with the ending, since it was exactly as I predicted. I think I was expecting something more complicated, but nope.


Yet with that said, I did enjoy the continuation of Meghan Chase's adventures of saving everyone from the Iron King (Though I still hate her name, there is seriously no way to say her name without making it sound cheesy). And I really should've looked up a review or a recap of the first book, because I remember nothing. Like who this new Iron King was, or why Machina turned out to be nice, in the end? I don't know.

And let's not forget Puck and Grim, who unfortunately appeared less than in the other books. And also, let's talk about the ending of The Iron Daughter to the beginning of The Iron Queen. First off, I'm pretty sure Ash was devastated when he followed Meghan into the human world and was exiled for life. But then come to this next book, he's all like "I'll follow you no matter where you go in the world", and I'm like "where the heck did this come from?" I honestly don't remember Ash having super strong feelings for Meghan, since he was so wishy washy in the second book. I did skip most of the Ash-Meghan scenes though. Bleh.


The series itself definitely started out strong, and ended pretty well. I highly doubt I will be reading the "last" book, seeing as this technically was supposed to be the last book. But though saying that, I did enjoy The Iron Queen, especially with all its action against the remaining Iron fey and the new Iron King. I'm going to be honest and say that I am quite curious as to what Meghan will do now that it's all over, but I think I'm just going to leave that for another year, or two, or never.
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.