Saturday, March 7, 2015

Stacking the Shelves #22 + Hawaii??


Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


I received two ARCs from Jordin @ A Bottomless Book Bag from the time that she went to ALA Midwinter (which you can read about here)! It was super sweet of her to send me The Winner's Crime and Magonia!


I preordered A Darker Shade of Magic because I have been looking forward to it since last year, even though I have never read one of V. E. Schwab's books. So I finally have it and THE COVER. It has so many little details and I am very excited to finally read it this break!


Along with all these goodies, I picked up Written in Red, which is AMAZING so far. The book was literally written for me. And I also got Golden, which surprisingly I also really like! I'm not a huge contemporary reader, but because this month is Contemporary Conversations, I am making the effort to read AT LEAST one contemporary per week.

I don't know if you can tell, but I am trying to up my game on my photography skills, especially since we got all these nice plants for the bathroom. Do you see that cactus with the "flower"? His name is Horatio and he's mine.

Oh what else, um oh yeah! I posted every day this week haha! Thanks to having my laptop fixed, I can finally work on blog posts, and homework too I suppose. They actually replaced my entire screen, so technically I have half a new laptop. HOWEVER because of that my cat sticker is gone. Sadness.

Also, this month is:
Contemporary Conversations

I'll be putting this banner up on any post that is related to this event! Kayla and Veronica did an amazing job at organizing this event, and since I am a fantasy geek, I decided to join in because I know nothing about contemporary YA. I barely read them, and that needs to change.

And here is the big news. I AM CURRENTLY IN HAWAII. Yes, yes I know. I'm sorry I didn't mention this sooner, just blame it on my laptop. I will have posts scheduled for the entire week though, so I will not leave you hanging. Also expect a recap of my trip post BECAUSE I CAN. (Larissa I am looking at you because we missed each other by one day. I don't care if you're going to a different island WE WERE SO CLOSE to seeing each other. That is all)

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.