Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #41

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!


Top Ten Books I'd Love To Read With My Book Club

Hey I do have a book club! Even though it's affiliated through college, and uh, only a couple people come. We have a usual amount of 5 people. SOMETIMES MORE. But that's okay! At least people come hahaha...aha. Well, so far, this year we've read Aristotle & Dante and I Am The Messenger, which had amazing themes and discussion topics. So with that in mind, I would love to read these titles due to their awesome discussion!


Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas - THIS WOULD BE HILARIOUS just to see the reactions of everyone when they discover the actual culprit. 

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven - I also think this is a good discussion novel as well, especially with the view of mental issues, suicide, etc. 

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness - So I haven't read this, but doesn't it sound so creepy but cool? And suspenseful? I think it would be really cool to talk about afterwards.

The Martian by Andy Weir - THIS. I WANT TO READ IT. It seems like a typical, but good, book club book right? And then all of us can go through the science terminology together. 

A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall - Since my book club enjoyed I Am the Messenger, I'm sure they would like this one as well. Well, I haven't read it yet but it looks like it's one of those novels that has multiple POVs but focuses on one couple? 

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shafer - Surprisingly, I liked this book even though it was a) Historical fiction and b) didn't have much plot. I honestly don't really remember what it was about, but I liked the fact that it was in letter format. And that title is just unusual and unique hahah.

Still Alice by Lisa Genova - THE MOVIE FOR THIS BOOK IS COMING OUT AND I AM SO EXCITED AND I WILL CRY SO MUCH. This book gave me the feels. I love this book. And yeah it would be good for book club because I said so.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon - This book is so witty. I loved it. Honestly, I don't think it had much plot, which is why I don't really remember it (I should buy it, I almost bought it at Goodwill but I didn't). But it's definitely a good book book to discuss.

1984 by George Orwell - I can't believe I haven't read this yet, not even in high school. But I'm sure it's a good classic to discuss.

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - Just because everyone needs to read this book and series.


Not sure what I based my criteria on, but this was fun! Honestly I would want everyone to read everything I liked, but that would be too many books. 
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.