Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #38

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!


Top Ten Debuts of 2015!

That I am excited for of course.

Though I have to admit, first off, what counts as a debut exactly? Just the authors first published books right? I'm guessing that publishing a super anticipated one doesn't count. Okay time to actually bring out the brain!


Made You Up by Francesca Zappia - This cover is just GORGEOUS. Kind of why I requested it in the first place. It wasn't until later that I found out it was about not knowing the difference between reality and fantasy so that's a pretty cool topic.

The Way We Bared Our Souls by Willa Strayhorn - Ok, truthfully I have no idea what this one is about. All I know is that it's coming out this month, and it has a cool looking cover, of FIRE!

Solitaire by Alice Oseman - I think this one has been out for awhile in other countries, but not in the US. I don't even think it's supposed to come out until March or April or something like that date. Again, no idea what it's about. A little bird told me to read it.

The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes - HAHAH I just honestly don't know why I don't know any of these books. But do you see that cover. It just screams, uh, antiqueness? I've also heard the title being mentioned a lot. In other words it must be good.

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - DUDE. I NEED THIS BOOK. RIGHT NOW. I don't know if I can even wait. I am jelly of everyone who has an ARC of it. JEALOUS I TELL YOU.



Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra & Dhonielle Clayton - Also requested this off Edelweiss, also don't know what it's about, but that font is beautiful isn't it? Beautiful, simple, yet shows signs of breaking. So must be a novel of delicate things breaking. Wow I have amazing deduction skills.

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard - ALSO HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT THIS. Though to be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about it being very similar to Red Rising. That cover though. I was planning on buying it, but I may just wait until the library has it.

Paperweight by Meg Haston - There's something about this cover that really intrigues me, I think it's just the blue-greenness of it. Anyways, I know that this one is about a eating disorder. In other words, it's going to be very sad and make me feel all the emotions, and I don't know if I am prepared.

The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker - Ok I have to admit I did some research on these last two titles because I ran out of debuts on my list. But this? This just looks intense and epic. I'm not sure if I will get the chance to read it, but if I see it at the library I WILL BORROW IT. Because witches. And hunters. And, oh that's it from the title.

The Leveller by Julia Durango - I read this summary, and wow it sounds a ton like Sword Art Online (manga/anime). So I guess that's good. As long as there aren't any pimps in the book, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.


I'm actually surprised to see how many are YA debuts here. How was your list?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.