Saturday, July 30, 2016

An Innocent Smiley #15: Moving (And Why Are There So Many Recaps This Month?)


Good question!

Mainly because I have been in a slump from not being productive this whole summer vacation. Which is fine. I deserve a break once in awhile.

A photo posted by Valerie (@innocent.smiley) on

Also, because I really want to share all the links I have collected over the month!

Emily @ Looney Literate explains why not every YA book has to have romance! When I was younger, I hated romance with a burning passion, and I was also looking for books that didn't have any.

Aila @ Happy Indulgence also talked about the inclusion and exclusion of romance in books!

Alex @ The Book's Buzz shares advice on requesting ARCs that she received at Blogboundcon!

Aentee @ Read At Midnight has both a Pokemon Go tag and a Pokemon themed readathon, that you should all join by the way because I did. And because Pokemon.

Cynthia @ Bingeing On Books asks why we need to apologizing for not blogging or taking breaks. I don't. No hard feelings hahahah.

Want summer to never end? Rashika @ The Social Potato recommends these books that scream summer!

Holly @ The Fox's Hideaway emphasizes how reviews aren't the only form of promotion for books!

Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight turns her blogging lemons into lemonade! Instead of "making life take the lemons back" (which is what I would do. Also quote from a video game), she sees the good in what at first seems bad in her habits.

Not going to lie, I may or may not be a little nervous about moving. There's just so much I have to do, and why do I have the feeling that my apartment has been given to someone else? (Chill Val, if they did that I would sue somehow)

Fine, I am pretty excited. I can't wait to buy furniture, decorate my new place, just settle in. I already packed up all of the books I am taking, so packing is 1/3 done (I mean basically right?).

I wanted July to be my "very productive" month when it came to blogging, but whoops it was not. I guess I will try again with August? 
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.