Friday, January 8, 2016

I Don't Know About You, But I'm Feeling 22


It is my 22nd birthday!

Do I feel any older, NOPE probably not. And it's not like last year where I was finally allowed to drink alcohol (This isn't stopping me from not drinking later today though). I also plan to buy some donuts, and oh, go to a doctor's appointment, at 8am in the morning. Yay. But I think after getting that out of the way, I'll be fine. I'm still not exactly sure what I want to do with the day, but I'll figure something out?

I'm still quite positive I'll be carded for the rest of my life. Which is why when I reach 30, I'll be deducting tip from any waiter or waitress that asks for my ID. SORRY NOT SORRY. (Yes I know that is 8 years away)

Again, because I don't want to JUST post that it's my birthday (that would be so immodest, me asking for your birthday wishes), I'll be providing a couple of fun facts about myself. Also, THANK YOU to everyone that gave me bday presents! I'm planning to post my haul tomorrow!


Here are some wonderful facts about yours truly:

  • I used to be from Boston, but now that my parents are moving to Florida, should I still consider myself from Boston? (I say yes)
  • I am a huge video game nerd. I just recently looked up what 2016 has to offer, and apparently 4 out of the 5 games release on December 30th, 2016? Definitely some sort of joke. That's $240 out of my wallet right there! (I'm sure they'll be pushed back)
  • Every year, my best friend's little sis draws me a birthday poop. I will update this post with the latest birthday poop when I get it, but for now, here are the last two years.

 

  • I am different from most people in that I have two uteruses, and one kidney. Yep. Great huh. I found out last year, and this year I'll be getting surgery, not to get it removed...well, I don't want to get into the details because then it will be really TMI-y. Also, I call them my uteri. I'm sad I have only one kidney. (Shannon made me a great graphic on the "Do's and Don'ts of Val's Uteri", and I would post it, but again, pretty TMI-y)
  • I have already pre-ordered three books for February, and they are Salt to the Sea, Remembrance (MEDIATOR BOOK #7!!!!), and lastly, A Gathering of Shadows (SIGNED!). I am very excited for them all! I would pre-order more books, but I am moving and therefore have no idea which address I need to put down.
  • I plan to buy a paddleboard with all my tax refund money, because priorities.
  • I'm going to ALAMW 2016 in Boston! I actually also plan to go to ALA 2016 in Orlando, and also BEA 2016. This year is going to be fun. Ha. Good thing I'll be buying new bookshelves for the new house (AND MY NEW ROOM).
  • Since coming home for Winter Break, I have already eaten a total of 8 chocolate frosted donuts from Dunkin Donuts and I regret nothing. 
  • I still like brains. It is my major after all.
  • And lastly, I LOOOOVE BOOK BLOGGING. AND MY BLOGGER FRIENDS. You all mean the world to me. 

Thanks for reading! And for those of you going to ALA, see you soon!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.