Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #70

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!

Ten Finished Series I Have Yet To Finish

At first glance, I would say I have all the series to finish, but then this also deals with finished series, and I'll admit that I rarely start old series. I'm pretty distracted by the shiny and new books, and all of those end up becoming series. Well at least I am caught up ;)

All series will be linked up to their first book!


The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa - I am actually in the middle of finishing the last book in the "trilogy". Though I have heard that she is still writing books for this world, so I'm not sure if this actually counts as "finished". But I am just going to say it is anyways.
The Grisha by Leigh Bardugo - I read Shadow and Bone, but then ended up not continuing with Siege and Storm even though I physically HAVE the book. I just keep putting it off and I am not sure why, because I loved the first book. I guess I just have to be super motivated? Maybe in October when things are less hectic.

Earth Girl by Janet Edwards - I think at this point the third and last book in the trilogy has come out (Today!). I know this is weird for me to list this here, especially since I'm not a huge fan of Jarra, but I already read the second book, so I feel like my time would be wasted if I just didn't finish the series.

Splintered by A. G. Howard - Again, I read the first book, Splintered, but just never read the next book. And I've even taken Unhinged out from the library twice, and returned it without reading it. Maybe third time's the charm?

Abhorsen by Garth Nix - This makes me sad that I haven't even read the last book in this series, oh and I guess Clariel at this point too. I keep telling myself that I will buy the entire series with matching covers and then I'll reread it all, but I don't know if that will happen anytime soon.

Unwind Dystology by Neal Shusterman - Shannon will be glad to hear that I am going to finish reading this series. Shannon will not be glad to hear that it isn't exactly a high priority on my list, but it WILL happen. I promise.

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson - Oh I almost forgot about this! I still need to read the last book in the trilogy, The Hero of Ages. Again I know Sanderson is still writing this series, but I'm mainly referring to the original trilogy!

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - After reading the first book and not liking it as much, I have still been encouraged to continue with the series, because apparently it gets so much better. I probably will still read on, but maybe next year? Depends on whether the books go on sale or something haha.
 
Saga by Brian K. Vaughan - I'M COUNTING THIS. Last I stopped was Volume 5, but unfortunately my library doesn't have it? So I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to get to finish the last couple of volumes. I am devastated. (Oh it's going to release on Sept. 9th! The paperback collection!)

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke - I read the first and the second book in the trilogy, and started the third but then I ended up getting bored and distracted. So I have them all (I think I still do?) and I do want to reread them again because the first book is my childhood favorite!


Do you get distracted by newer series? Do you finish series if you're far ahead in them, even though you didn't like one of the books?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.