Sunday, February 28, 2016

An Innocent Life #5: I Have A Future!


Remember that time where I mentioned that I would have more time to blog and read during the Spring semester, because it would be my last semester? Yeah no. That's not going to happen either. I guess we will push back my free time until, summer? Ha. Haha.

I didn't get any new books this month, other than A Gathering of Shadows, which I am super excited to read! I literally had her signed copy from B&N pre-ordered since August. I'm really hoping I'll have time to read it before March starts, but I'm not sure. I may have to juggle reading a couple of books at a time.

A photo posted by Valerie (@innocent.smiley) on

As you can see, I am having fun with Instagram. I don't really like the texture of my sheet though, and it is hard to take pictures looking straight down at books (HOW do people do it?), so I may be investing in a posterboard tomorrow! I'll think about it.

Also, I hit 300 followers this month via Bloglovin as well, which isn't a surprise seeing that I have two giveaways running at the moment. But still, huge achievement, right?

Sarah @ Kerosene Lit discusses about people IRL stumbling upon your blog, and I may have left a long rant about my roommates. Whoops. But shout out to my dad for reading all my posts! Hi Dad!

Amber @ YA Indulgences talks about both selling & buying ARCs and whether it is ever justifiable, along with the piracy of eARCs. These are both such informative posts, and I definitely suggest reading through both of them.

And in that similar vein, Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight tells us why she is sticking to reading all the ARCs, and I will be too!

Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales lists out both her own blogger insecurities, and those of others! I forgot to submit mine on time, so I just left them in a comment, haha oops.

Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity asks if you prioritize your reading. Especially in regards to ARCs. I try to. I at least get my reviews done within the month!

Rashika @ The Social Potato discusses why it's okay to not read all the ARCs. Which yes, because I don't think I can read all these ARCs before the release date, especially since they all come out on the same day.

Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout gives tips about developing your own blogger trademark! She also guest posted on Chasing Faerytales, and you should all read this post about Asian Stereotypes.

Tonya @ Lilybloombooks asks whether you like advice posts, and what your opinion of them is!

Also, I'm not going to spam you guys again, but if you haven't noticed, I just hosted a wonderful, WWII event that took place these last two weeks with Ely. And it was a ton of fun, and as my first full event, I can say it was a huge success.

I don't know if you know this already. But yes, I have a future. In other words, I got into the PhD program I wanted to go to. And I have already received my letter with all the details about how much money I will be getting. And it is great. I am beyond excited.

I actually had another interview yesterday in Canada. And as cool as the program there was, I just don't think I can afford living on the stipend they will be giving me. And they expect me to pay tuition! Like what gives? It also does not help that it is super cold. I mean, I am USED to it by now, but when you're comparing it to a grad school in North Carolina, it is hard.

Don't be surprised when next year, I get overwhelmed by everything. I am hoping I can at least handle one blog post a week? Man, I do NOT want to think about it! But then I do, because apparently there are a lot of North Carolina authors, and they all have events at this bookstore called Flyleaf Books, which is less than 2 miles away from campus. And I could potentially live walking distance from it. How can I NOT be excited?

Speaking of, my parents finally moved to Florida into their new house! There is literally nothing in there, and I will be sleeping on an air mattress in my room, but that's okay I suppose. I cannot wait to go bookshelf shopping! And also, get a bed, because that's also important. Ha.

Thanks for reading! How was your February?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.