Saturday, August 15, 2015

Stacking the Shelves #29


Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


I waited a pretty long time to buy Monstrous Beauty, just because I always try to buy more than one book on Book Outlet because shipping costs. But hey now I have it! Hopefully it's a good mermaid story.

Then I impulse bought Lux: Beginnings, just because it was 1) on sale and 2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout, an author I have never read before.

And then there's these two books. I recently borrowed Hold Me Closer, Necromancer from the library, and LOVED IT SO MUCH. Then I found that, plus the sequel, on Book Outlet and it all went down from there. But I have no regrets whatsoever. I cannot wait to read Necromancing The Stone.
So, life has kind of been tough lately. But it's slowly looking up. Last week, I had a couple of appointments last week when I went home, and each one didn't exactly go the way I planned.

And then, there's this project that I am working on that requires testing small children, and it's really not going the way it was planned to go. And I really just want to stop working on it, because 1) the lab isn't very good at recruiting children, and all the day cares I call aren't really willing to help out, and 2) I didn't even come up with this study, which is why I always had doubts about it "working". Anyways, short story is that I want to stop, but I feel bad for the lab because I've spent a year working with another undergrad (WHO IS NOW GONE) on this project. Ugh. And there was one point this week where I thought I could quietly get out of it, but then my mentor/primary investigator emailed me today about new day cares we could recruit from, and I was like "Nooooo". Le sigh.

Anyways, there's that. Onto the good news! I'm participating in Round Three of #OTSPSecretSister, which is A LOT of fun. I have tons of fun planning and stalking the hashtag! If any of you are interested in it, Round Four will begin in February I think! And here is the link from this round, by Alyssa, Amy, and Brittany, just in case you wanted to know what this whole thing was about!

As you should know, Shattering Stigmas is happening on the blogs of Shannon, Kayla, and Inge! You should really go check out this Mental Awareness event!

Classes actually start really soon, in two weeks. And I am excited, I know it's weird right? Mostly just because I'm tired of working eight hours a day, or even four (and also I don't want to deal with my experiment anymore). The only bad thing is that I won't be paid the huge bucks anymore. Goodbye grant money! Oh well! As long as I still have a job, right?

How are you doing? Students/teachers, are you ready for summer to be over?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.