Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Art of Skimming


To be honest, this discussion idea came to me after a bunch of people commented on my April Fool's Prank, where I made up a book, a cover, and a review for The Innocent Centaur Strikes Back. Surprisingly, almost everyone who wasn't in on the joke fell for it. And I thought it was freaking hilarious.


So on that note, I wanted to discuss skimming, not only when reading blog posts, but also in books. 


This is definitely something I can relate to because I myself am a fast reader (when I put the time into reading), and skimming is a habit I want to break because I want to take everything in. Sometimes I miss details because I'm too busy looking ahead. Especially if the scene is embarrassing. I suffer from second hand embarrassment all the time.

Annnnnd this may be the reason why I'm confused a lot. Because I skim and then don't understand how something happened. BUT I AM WORKING ON THIS. I've started to reread parts I don't understand, because confusion is not okay (of course if the book itself is confusing then it's not my fault, obviously...hahaha).


And that brings us to you!

Do you skim at all? Why? Are there certain parts of a book you skip?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.