Thursday, April 9, 2015

Burn, Rewrite, Or Reread



I've been tagged by Alma @ Journey Through Fiction to do this amazing Burn, Rewrite, and Reread Tag, in reference to the original game, BUT IT INVOLVES BOOKS!

Basically the challenge is to pick three books for each round, and choosing one to burn, one to reread, and then one to rewrite. I'll be doing our four rounds for now, choosing books from my read shelf by using one of those randomizers. THIS IS GOING TO BE REALLY HARD. Probably.


Round One

  

The Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman || Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen || Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

Oh this is kind of hard because I don't really care much for any of these books? I guess I would like to reread Speak, because I barely remember it. And then rewrite The Ocean At The End Of The Lane, because I kind of don't like Gaiman's writing? (but you didn't hear that from me). And then just burn Water for Elephants because meh.


Round Two

  

Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein || Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo || All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

THIS ONE ROUND IS PAINFUL LIKE WHY. UGH. I DON'T KNOW. I guess....I guess I'll burn Shadow and Bone????? And....man I guess I'll rewrite Rose Under Fire, WHICH I LOVED SO MUCH, but I seriously don't think All The Light We Cannot See should be rewritten. So that will be my reread.



Round Three

  

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli || The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling || This Is How You Die by Ryan North

BURN CASUAL VACANCY BURN. NO ONE LIKES YOU. Just kidding I'm sure plenty of people loved you. COUGH. Anyways. I think I would rewrite Stargirl, just because I love my Machine of Death Anthologies and everyone has a different writing style in it anyways.

Round Four

  

Paradigm by Ceri A. Lowe || Earth Star by Janet Edwards || Golden Son by Pierce Brown

Oh this one is an easy round too. Burn Paradigm, because it was just eh. And then COMPLETELY rewrite Earth Star, so that there ARE ACTUALLY FREAKING ALIENS. I'm still pissed about that. Oh and Golden Son can just stay the way it is because perfection. Though I don't know if I could reread it so soon, because it's...too soon. I would die of feels.



I encourage everyone to do this, because it's a lot of fun hahaha :) If you minus all the pain and feels.

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.