Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #31

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!


Top Ten Characters that NEED Their Own Book!

Whatttt. Minor characters getting their own book? YES. That would be fantastic because there are so many times where I wish I knew more about a side character. It's even worse when the author spends almost no time on them AT ALL, which kind of pisses me off, especially when it's a character that's just awesome. 

Or you know, if the character that totally deserves the girl but in the end she chooses some poopy prince guy (*cough* The Iron King *cough*)

Ok, let's get this list rolling!


Noah from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - He is my all time favorite character in the series, and it's just saddening to know we won't be reading much more about him (or from what I've heard from bloggers reading The Dream Thieves, I haven't started it yet) -- I can't find the original art source for Noah, so um, if anyone knows, let me know!

Mogget from The Abhorsen series by Garth Nix - MOGGET THE TALKING KITTY. But he's not a kitty. Or is he? I want a book on Mogget and who he really is and how he came to be. Also, important question, is Mogget in Clariel? I saw Clariel in the library the other day, but resisted because I actually want to buy the book.

Puck from The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa - *cries* Puck you are so awesome and so funny and so quirky, LOVE ME INSTEAD. 

Grimalkin from The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa - Who doesn't want this sarcastic puffball to have his own book? I mean, where does he go all the time anyways? He's talking kitty #2, right after Mogget.

Vasher from Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson - I just finished reading Warbreaker, so it makes sense that I have UNANSWERED QUESTIONS that neeeed to be answered, Vasher being one of them.

Rudy from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - Where we get the story told from Rudy's perspective and how much he loves Liesel and and then there would be a HAPPY ENDING. gah. 

Silas from The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman - I don't know where this guy comes from, or how he's able to leave the graveyard, or how he knows basically everything. This needs to be explained. I really need to reread the book or buy the graphic novel, since this was my favorite Neil Gaiman read.  

Ziri from the Daughter of Smoke & Bone series by Laini Taylor - There's already a novella about Mik and Zuzanna, which I read halfway before stopping (for some reason), so next on my list was ZIRI, because he was so awesome in Dreams of Gods & Monsters. Plus he's cool. Yeah. Good reasoning there. Ha.

Morpheus from Splintered by A. G. Howard - BECAUSE NO ONE CARES ABOUT JEB. I'm just kidding, I think the same amount of readers pair up Alyssa with Morpheus as with Jeb. But anyways, that's besides the point. You know what I would like? I would like a nice back story on Morpheus and how he came to be. Or I don't know, anything about him because he's mysterious, and moth-y.

The Darkling from The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo - DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER, I actually haven't finished the trilogy yet, so I'm not sure whether these questions are answered in the sequels, BUT THE DARKLING! I want to know MOAR about him. Because! I just do. I don't necessarily have a crush on him, because I don't, I just want to know how he came to be, and such. You know, that stuff.


Wow. so basically this list consisted of mysterious people that need to be explained. I mean, fair enough it makes sense. I just need my answers. Now to actually make the authors write about them....

All images were taken from either Pinterest or Deviantart, and are linked back to the original source, unless I couldn't find the original source.

What do you think? What kinds of characters do you want to know more about? Feel free to link up your TTTs!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.