Friday, October 17, 2014

Read Play Blog #3: What I Would Be For Halloween


Read Play Blog is a meme about video games and books, posted every 16th of the month. Bloggers are encouraged to answer a discussion question, and recommend a video game that is similar to a book they liked. Hosted by Happy Indulgence Books & Read Me Away.

What game character would you like to be for Halloween? 

I love Halloween, except I'm always late on the whole decoration thing, so in the end I have to come up with a last minute costume. It doesn't help that I haven't participating in the past 5 years? And my mom was not good with making creative costumes.

Nevertheless, if I could be a game character for Halloween (or for some kind of convention), it would definitely have to be... dun dun dun.

Trucy Wright from Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney!

I've always wanted to dress up as her, because 1) she is awesome, and 2) I have brownish hair, and it could work out! Fun fact: AJ Ace Attorney was the first game I played in the series, because I had no idea that it was part of a series. (This is almost as bad as the time I played Kingdom Hearts 2 before Kingdom Hearts 1. Apparently I'm not good with numbers)


Monthly Recommendation

So I haven't been playing anything. I've had a very busy month with everything, but let me think of something scary. Something relating to Halloween. Hmmmm. I can't recommend Bioshock since I already did that the last two months so...

Recommendation: The Last of Us


The Last of Us is a post-apocalyptic world filled with zombie-like creatures, that were infected by by a mutated strain of fungus. Basically, Joel and Ellie travel through the U.S. looking for a doctor that can extract the immunity antibody out of Ellie, since she's somehow immune to the virus.

The graphics are amazing, but it's also only on the PS3. Since I live in Boston, I loved being able to go through the city. The scenery was beautiful, especially with all the overgrown trees and the rotting cars. I even saw some swan boats just tossed aside, but there wasn't a pond anymore.


Anyways, there are a lot of scary zombies in this game, so this makes a great Halloweenie recommendation! 

Again, thanks to Jeann and Ana for creating this awesome meme!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.