Friday, October 31, 2014

Review: Cress

Cress by Marissa Meyer
The Lunar Chronicles #3
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Release Date: February 4th, 2014
Source: Owned
Date Read: 10/14/14 to 10/29/14
550 Pages
Rating: 


In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.
Where is the next book when you need it?
Seriously. When is it coming out?
Ok, Fairest is coming out in January, but where is Winter! I want Winter! gah

If you've read both my reviews for Cinder and Scarlet, and still haven't picked up the series yet, what are you doing with your life? 

I'm just kidding. But seriously, The Lunar Chronicles just gets better and better. At first I thought Cinder was amazing, and then I read Scarlet and thought it was even better. And then Cress, just take the amazingness of Cinder and Scarlet, but them together, and multiply that by ten. That's how good Cress was.

It is also such a beautiful book on it's own. Just look at it.


Since this is the third book in the series, and I can't exactly do a full review without spoiling anything, but, I can say that this is one of the best books I've read so far this year. (You know, if you haven't gotten that from my previous statements)

The best part of Cress isn't just the storyline, or the fact that it's another fairy-tale retelling. No. Cress is all about the characters. Meyer weaves together a story that fleshes out every single character she creates, making us, the readers, fall in love with them completely. 


I loved our new addition to the gang, Cress. Although around half of the book centered around her, Meyer was able to somehow develop the other main characters, Captain Thorne and Cinder, even when she was limited to 550 pages. Oh, and don't forget her amazing writing, her ability to create an amazing side story out of nowhere, while weaving it perfectly into the main plotline.

It's official. Marissa Meyer is now on my list of favorite authors.

I'm really at a loss for words, because Cress is the epitome of amazing. All I can do is wait until 2015 for the next two books. 

Seriously, this review does no justice (I know), so I'll leave you with this beautiful photo of the pumpkins my friends and I carved earlier today.


I carved the cat by the way.

I hope that from this review, anyone who hasn't started the Lunar Chronicles, will start it right now.

That is all I have to say. Also, Happy Halloween everyone! I would've made it two different posts, but I'm lazy, and I also haven't gotten a book review up in a while. I don't read spooky books though, so the two are kind of unrelated (lol Cress is not spooky)
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.