Saturday, March 19, 2016

An Innocent Life #6: Spring Break (Where I'm Not Stuck On A Zipline)


Hello there! It's been a week since Spring Break, and I think this was the most work I ever had since the semester started? I mean, when it comes to my classes.

When it comes to bookish news in my life, I don't think much happened? I took a couple of great pictures over break though!

A photo posted by Valerie (@innocent.smiley) on


Kelly @ Diva Booknerd came up with this great, sensational tag #randominstragramprop. All it requires is a random prop, and a book! Sure, man stuck on the zipline may not be the prop you're thinking of, but anything goes!

Also, poor guy was stuck up there for about 2 hours before he was rescued by the Special Tactics team.

---

Holly @ The Fox's Hideaway is featuring a BUNCH of authors during her March Madness event. You should check out all of her posts!

Geraldine @ Corralling Books discusses why she rarely participates in TTTs. I used to participate in all of them, but now I only do the ones that interest me.

Anya @ On Starships and Dragonwings asks what would happen if our default was to DNF. I try to get to at least 100 pages or 25% of a book before I call it quits!

Nick @ Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Book List reminisces about her young, little self, AND SEX (in YA books). I haven't read many contemporaries, but I think it would be really cool if the birth control pill was present in novels. I mean, it is pretty common, right? Especially for period pains.

Nereyda @ Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Book List gives tips on how to keep up with commenting, or just mark everything as read because ain't nobody got time for that. Just kidding. But seriously, I do not. I mean at least I try?

Along those lines, Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight features a Fine Line post, about whether commenting is either nice or necessary. I think it is nice :) But not necessary.

Jessica @ Bookish Serendipity gives us a detailed guide about how to move to self-hosted Wordpress for only $24, thanks to sales! It is very tempting.

Lastly, I want to bring attention to my own discussion I had recently, about whether it is ok to love problematic books. In regard to what has been happening on Twitter lately, I think it is pretty relevant.

Spring break in Florida was a ton of fun. I actually spent my time there with both of my housemates, going to St. Augustine, the beaches, and just chilling by the pool damaging my skin. As much as I like the community my parents chose, there is really no one else my age around. This will be a problem during the summer, where everything is 30 minutes away by car, and everyone is a high school student or younger. Or old.

Which is why I have decided that I will be adopted a dog from the shelter. And then bring him or her up to grad school, because why not.

I feel like I have the habit of making excuses to not do things because I'm afraid I'll run into problems in the future. For example, I kept thinking that I had a choice of adopting a dog vs. spending time back in Boston with my best friend. I thought that if I made a commitment I wouldn't be able to do another, and now I'm starting to realize how untrue that is. I'm tired of having to make excuses for not doing the things I want to do, which is why I need to STOP. And you know, adopt a doggy.

So that will happen in a couple of months. Also, what will be happening pretty soon is surgery! Fun fun. (But not really). At least I'll be going home and doing absolutely nothing for two weeks! (Definitely a lie but I can dream).

How is your March going? I just finished The Serpent King and bawled like a little baby!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.