Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #8


Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


Won!

Thanks Kristen @ My Friends Are Fiction for hosting the giveaway, and thank you Random House for sending me The Fire Wish!

e-ARCs
  

The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma - Thank you Algonquin Books for approving me for this March 2015 release! I know it's so far off! I liked the cover, but other than that I have no idea what it's about. Also, I can't send this to my Kindle, because Netgalley hates me?? Idk.

Red Rising by Pierce Brown - THIS WAS A READ NOW YES I AM SO EXCITED.

Melt by Selene Castrovilla - So Paula @ Her Book Thoughts gushed about this, so I will read it as well. It's also Read Now on Netgalley!



I recently completed the ALS ice bucket challenge today, while also donating $10 to the cause. ALS, also known as Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, which affects around 30,000 people in the US, by slowly shutting down their motor neurons. For anyone who doesn't know about the craze in the US, it's basically where you either dump a bucket of ice water on your head and donate $10, or donate $100. I chose the former, and although it was really cold, I did have a lot of fun! :P
(for more info, check out www.alsa.org)

Also, I did watch The Giver movie that recently came out a week ago. All I can say is that the movie was pretty good, if you disregard the book. Oh well.


Thanks for reading! Feel free to link up us usual!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.