Saturday, May 7, 2016

An Innocent Life #9: Hello, It's Been Awhile


Hi! I am alive! For now. I took a well needed hiatus because it was the end of the semester and I had a couple of things (major) I needed to wrap up. And now that's done! Hopefully. Every time I say I'm finally free, it bites me back in the butt.

A photo posted by Valerie (@innocent.smiley) on

I am SO CLOSE to finishing The Raven King! The reason why I haven't read it all at once. Well, that is due to papers, yay.

I'm hoping to finish it tonight? Though I am really tired. I cannot wait for this series ender to wow me. Also, this is the first series I will have finished since 2014. Whoops.

---

Sorry guys I have nothing for you in regards to links! I have been NONEXISTENT when it comes to commenting and blogging, as you know.


The semester is over.

My undergraduate career is over.

Maybe. 

So I may have agreed to receive feedback for my Linguistics paper on Indonesian, because apparently my professor thinks it would be good idea to submit it to the undergraduate journal. After she looks at it first.

So technically, I may not be done. But I will pretend that I am done. Ha.

Also, BEA IS ALREADY NEXT WEEK! How did time pass by so quickly? Have I packed my room? No! Have I packed for the trip? No! Am I going to be busy for the next few days? Yes!

(Again, I know I say this every time, but if you know a book will be at BEA and you want it badly, just message me and I'll see what I can do.)

BUT OKAY freaking out now because it actually still hasn't hit me that I am done with classes and papers (technically) and I no longer work as a research assistant. Which means I will no longer be listening into babies' lives and family drama. I have seen pretty much all 46 babies grow from 6 months to 18 months, and now I'M DONE. Maybe I'll come back to Rochester 5 years from now and stalk all of them.

Speaking of Rochester. I really only have 5 days left. I'm leaving for Chicago on Tuesday, and I graduate on Sunday, so it's just scary to think I will be moving! I am excited! And also sad because I liked Rochester other than the cold. Can you believe it's still only 60s here? *sobs* But hey I'll be in Florida by next week so it's all cool.

And with that, sorry for the absence! For people going to BEA, I WILL SEE YOU. Maybe.

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.