Saturday, October 1, 2016

An Innocent Life #17: How Is It Already October?


THIS IS HALLOWEEN. THIS IS HALLOWEEN. HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN.


I am always really excited for the fall, because it gets a little bit cooler, there's pumpkins and pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin flavored cookies and pumpkin candles. PUMPKIN MUFFINS. Everything is a pumpkin and it is wonderful.

A photo posted by Valerie (@innocentsmiley) on

Have I opened up Crooked Kingdom yet? No. Not yet. Holly is screaming at me silently, but there's just so much hype around it, I am scared! I should just go for it I suppose. Though it's just so bold and pretty with its red pages. I should take more photos.


More links! Though I'll probably start limiting them from next month on, to maybe my top five. I don't know what I'm doing let's be honest.

Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books asks when do you decide to abandon a book? (For me it's when I'm not already invested in it, which sadly is with almost every book I read, whoops)

Jeann @ Happy Indulgence discusses when diversity actually isn't diverse. (I can't even get my thoughts together for this, it's that complex)

And off of that, CW @ Read Think Ponder comments on misrepresentation vs. no representation in books. (Which I also have a ton of thoughts on too!)

Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight (and I) will be setting our Goodreads Challenge to 1 next year. Just kidding, I think only I am doing that. But she talks about why there is such a rush to read all the books. Oh, and she also talks about Bookstagram woes hahah. And also removing favorite books from your shelf because they are...no longer favorites. *sobs*

Michelle @ Tea & Titles wants to achieve a zero TBR!

Becky @ A Fool's Ingenuity talks about her blogging problems (which I definitely share)

I changed my Twitter picture. It's me and my cat now (Primrose). 

A photo posted by Valerie (@vlangloisx3) on

We are obviously best buds. She is basically me in cat form. The little squish.

Grad school is a little bit hectic, but I'm absolutely loving it. At times. The social life is great though. I feel like I am going out at least once or twice a week. I HAVE FRIENDS. Really my main obstacle is coming up with a first year research project. But now that I have narrowed it down to an idea, I'm hoping I can stick with that!

Unfortunately, I've had less time to do, anything really. Though I guess it's about the same as college/undergrad, so not that much difference. I am currently reading Replica by Lauren Oliver, and do you know where the main character lives? Chapel Hill! Where I am! Right now! (Don't stalk me). So that was a nice surprise!

Also, how is it already October? How?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.