Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #89

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!

Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven't Read Yet

I'm sure there's a lot. But this will be slightly tricky for me because I have moved, leaving some books behind in boxes back at my parents' home. Also, before I started blogging, I was in this mindset where I thought I had to read adult books because I was growing up (I was like 15 haha).

Actually now that I've thought about it, I read many books right after I bought or borrowed them. I was so responsible as a youngin' back then! I really can't think of any books I bought and didn't read, except for the first two on this list!



I received 11/22/63 for Christmas because it features time travel, and I love time travel. It's also 800+ pages long. Which is slightly daunting. And one of the reasons why I haven't read it yet.

I cheated a bit, because I did end up reading half of Inkdeath, the last book in the Inkheart series. But I don't remember any of it. And I do really want to get back into it because the first book was one of my absolute favorites. So much that I reread it many, many times.

For some reason 1Q84 was the first book ever added on my Goodreads back in 2012. I have never read 1984. I was just obsessed with Haruki Murakami in theory. (I say in theory because I have only ever read one book by him, then declared my love because I felt that I didn't have many authors I loved.)

I actually added Between Shades of Gray before I knew I had an obsession with WWII. I now have a copy of the book, though I have yet to read it whoops.

Also added If I Stay back in 2012. Not sure why. Mainly because it was super popular and all over Goodreads, so I was like why not. I'm not sure if I would want to read it now.

Ah, Life After Life was added because I wanted to feel like an adult at the tender age of 16. Again, I thought I had to read adult books because I was growing up. Little did I know that this wasn't true at all.

I did borrow A Discovery of Witches from the library, but never got to it. Is it actually any good? Used to hear all about it back when I only looked at the avg. Goodreads rating.

I'm not sure if I added The Rosie Project before I started blogging, but it's been on my Goodreads TBR for awhile. It's another one of those books where I thought I could only read adult books as an adult.

And same with Cloud Atlas! I mean I'm sure the book is good and all, but meh. It would take me awhile.  And I'm not in the mood.

I also felt like I needed to read more classics in my life, so The Picture of Dorian Gray is also on the list.

Where you as responsible as me? I mean I'm not anymore but I have money now, so that plays a role in buying and not reading whoops.
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.