Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Olympic Book Tag!


First off, thanks to Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight for creating this tag! I have been watching a lot of the Olympics lately, all thanks to my friend providing me with NBC streaming. Without it, I probably would be going about my day as if nothing were going on.

I was actually not a lazy bum this time and managed to link all images to their corresponding books. Also all images belong to Shannon of course.


Pretty much hooked after the first sentence, because it was that good. The writing just drew me right in, and honestly, I'm not even that big of a fan of detailed, dense writing. But Nevernight worked for me!


I wouldn't say Mosquitoland is your typical road trip book, but it is one of my favorite books. And Mim takes a bus and does take a very long trip with her companions so I'm going to say it counts.


This is the part where Holly screams at me for not continuing this series. Sorry! I promise one day I will aha.


This book. I had absolutely no idea what the point was. What was it? Did everything just go over my head because to this day I am still confused.



I actually quite enjoyed this book featuring a cruise. It makes me want to go on one, though not a cruise of death, just a normal one. With an open bar if possible. 


I already have Nevernight up there, so let's use the author's other book! Basically all you need to know is that practically everyone died. And it was glorious.


Everyone talks about how big the plot twist is in this book, but I don't know, I saw it coming a mile away. (I can't seem to think of any books at the moment with great plot twists. Other then, again, Nevernight which I have already used.)


This reminded me so much of Still Alice, which is almost like the adult version of this book. This book made me sob, I mean not as much as The Book Thief, but nothing can beat The Book Thief really.


This is so very slow. I know some people love how slow paced it was. But others, like me, weren't such a huge fan.


This will forever be my childhood book. It will hold a place in my heart forever. I remember I used to read and reread it over and over again.


There's something about talking, sarcastic cats that I just can't get enough of. I loved Mogget in the Abhorsen trilogy. Very excited to reread this soon!



This is my most recent DNF, and mainly because I just wasn't in the mood for another high fantasy. Maybe I have outgrown the genre? I have no idea. I'm sure I'll get back to it one day!


Hands down one of the greatest friendships of all time. And saddest. Because I live for those sad WWII books.

  

Have you been keeping up with the Olympics?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.