Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #34

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!


Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014!

This is going to be a pretty straight-forward list, because everything is new to me! Honestly I haven't heard of many of the authors until I actually read one of their books.

Anyways, here are some authors that I've been looking forward to reading all year, then finally reading it, AND LOVING IT!



Marissa Meyer author of Cinder - I was pretty much peer pressured to read all her books, AND LOOK WHERE I AM NOW, desperately waiting for Fairest and Winter. Le sigh. 

Brandon Sanderson author of Mistborn and Way of Kings - I entered in a read-along of Way of Kings, which is why I am now obsessed with his work.

Maggie Stiefvater author of The Raven Boys - I was also peer pressured into reading The Raven Boys, and though I haven't gotten to her other series, ONE DAY I WILL!

Elizabeth Wein author of Code Name Verity - GUYS SHE HAS A NEW BOOK COMING OUT AND I AM SO EXCITED! It's called Black Dove, White Raven

Garth Nix author of Sabriel - OH Sabriel was recommended to me, and I loved it so much. I haven't finished the last book in the trilogy, but I really want to physically own the series!


Leigh Bardugo author of Shadow and Bone - Peer pressured into reading this too, and now I will read anything by Leigh Bardugo. Well, I have to get to the sequels, which will happen soon.

Paula Stokes author of The Art of Lainey - I read The Art of Lainey and was REALLY SURPRISED that I LOVED IT, because it's a contemporary. I am looking forward to her next book Liars, Inc.

A. G. Howard author of Splintered - I loved Splintered as well, but I haven't gotten to the sequels because I don't know why???

Abigail Haas author of Dangerous Girls - THIS BOOK WAS INCREDIBLE. I still need to read her other book Dangerous Boys.

Amy Zhang author of Falling Into Place - I read this recently and also loved it, even though it's contemporary. I think she's writing another book but I don't remember what the title is.


Again, drowning in four essays, so don't expect many comments for me this week! Well until after Thursday ok? 

I bet you have more debut authors on your list huh? No? Link up your TTTs for me please!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.