Thursday, February 1, 2018

An Innocent Life #22: January Recap


Hello hello there. *looks at blog posts* Wow, I did NOT post as much as I wanted to this January. Well, it doesn't matter because I read 26 books this month and I am proud. What an achievement.

So, you might be asking, Val, WHY are you flying through all these books (and how for that matter. This is a question I cannot answer). Well, this year, my bud Holly and I are engaging in a friendly reading competition. Currently, I am winning.

But other than that, things have been pretty mellow! The new school year has started, I'm still underpaid, I don't have to assist with teaching undergraduates this year, and I've had a cavity.


Monthly Prim Pic

A post shared by Valerie (@innocentreads) on


I've also completed TWO series this month, which means I am ahead on my self-imposed series challenge. And in terms of the sequels challenge, I've read 5 sequels this month.

I read a lot during the snowpocalypse this month (which resulted in 2.5 days off from classes and work).

Lastly, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but Rashika got me HOOKED on a TV show. I mean I really loved Brooklyn Nine Nine, and I still do (even though I haven't caught up), but I am obsessed with The Good Place. It's hilarious, has short episodes, an interesting premise, and at the same time has a plot. The season finale will air tomorrow, and I just cannot wait. (I never gush about TV shows, so you know that when I say I loved a show it must be amazing).

I'm also on the third (?) episode of The Handmaid's Tale? I read the book this month, and though that was pretty bleak, the TV show is even more intense. 


How was your January? Read much?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.