Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Emoji Tag: Featuring Baach the Sheepy!

Hello there! I know it's been a long week of me not posting anything, but have I got something for you! Today, I am proud to be posting a fun little thing.

YES, A TAG!

More specifically, I've been tagged by Abby @ Enthralling Reads, which involves matching emojis, or emoticons, to BOOKS. Yes that's correct, you read right. But here's the thing, instead of using those common smiley face ones, I'm going to be switching to this set:

BEHOLD, HERE IS BAACH THE SHEEPY


I use him ALL THE TIME on Facebook, and even though my friends think I'm a weirdo, does it look like I care? NO. He's going to be my star today on my post.

Okay, basically, the rules are to pick 5-10 emojis that you use, or random ones, and use them to portray either a book or a character. Simple! It's a matching game!

MY MATCHES:


Here's my super happy Baach! Because yes, even though I recently read The Art of Lainey, I loved the fact that it was super adorable and light. There were barely any sad moments, and when there were, us readers were again reminded of how awesome Micah and Lainey were when together. Also this really has been the only happy fun read for this summer, everything else I've read is either sad, action-packed, or just dramatic. Plus, there's a torture house of pancakes. I want to go so badly. 



NOOOOOOO. Look at that poor sheepy! He's so sad, being under that umbrella. Reminds me of The Book Thief, because those tears didn't stop falling as a read through it, especially that end. I don't care if Death spoiled it for me in the first chapter. How could you just make me so emotionally attached to those beautiful characters. I don't understand why authors do such things.



Hahahahha here's my I don't care what happens anymore Baach. Honestly, there are some books out there, (cough cough Earth Star) that I seriously question why I bother even finishing it. I usually don't DNF, but you can just tell from my ranty reviews when I did not enjoy a book. And that goes to Earth Star. There was a point where I just stopped caring about our MC Jarra, and just wanted to get the book over with.



And then there are those books that are super confusing, and you start to question why the MC is doing this or what's happening, etc. Swirly eyed Baach is a perfect portrayal of my confusion, especially with The Here and Now. Like wut was going on with that book. The time travel made absolutely no sense, and the book was filled with plot holes. I just, idk.


And now to our final Baach, LOVEY DOVEY EYES!



Hello Darkling from Shadow and Bone. Yes, I know I don't know much about you, but you're cool and mysterious, and probably pretty sexy looking. And also the only person I can think of that's swoonworthy. But I plan to read Siege and Storm soon, along with Ruin and Rising.

OH there's also Puck from the Iron Fey Series. Adorable and hilarious.

Wow, I'll just throw in Mogget the sarcastic cat from The Abhorsen. I don't even care I'm allergic to cats I would snuggle with him anyways. Wow I'm not even talking about hot guys anymore. And I was only supposed to pick one person, whoops. 

And that's it for now.

Here are my tags!

Jillian @ Jillian's Books

And anyone else that wants to join in! I know some people don't like tags (or have already done them, probably tagged from me hahaha), but I need to tag people somehow!

33 comments:

  1. Oh my god...the sheep! I love swirly eyed baach! Oh I want to do this so bad but I think it might be difficult as I don't use emoticons very often...challenge accepted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha just choose really random ones! And yes, GOGOGOGOGO

      Delete
  2. *MEEE EHHH* (is that even a sheep's sound). The emoticons of Baach the Sheep are so cute >< Yes, hello there the Darkling! That villain that is so allring and sexy (in a different way). And Puck!!!! <3 I am a little wary of reading The Book Thief for I am scared of the tears T_T & no seriously, the premise of TBT is a little unusual. But since a lot of the bloggers I follow loved this, I am going to give it a try! :D AMAZ post, dear Val ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES IT IS CLOSE ENOUGH. And you should definitely read The Book Thief, because the tears ARE WORTH IT. It is so beautiful!

      Delete
  3. I seen this tag around it looks fun. I might do this in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. THIS IS THE BEST. Mwhaha...though...tagging me. All these delicious ideas. XD I very much want to do this, quite honestly. *adds to to-do list*

    I'm absolutely agree with you on The Book Thief. But forget the umbrella...I need like a raincoat and boots...like A WHOLE DARN ARK to survive all my tears. I'm still weeping. Probably will never ever recover. It's like Code Name Verity, darn it. My feels are ruined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS THE BEST! AND YOU KNOW I TAG ALL OF MY BLOGGY FRIENDS JUST ACCEPT IT.

      Ugh, I would definitely also be needing a raincoat as well, and boots. BECAUSE ALL THOSE TEARS. It's like in Alice in Wonderland, where she creates a whole ocean.

      Delete
  5. This is such an adorable post! Thanks for the tag! I'm a big user of emojis and stickers in Facebook. I like using the Prickly Pear sticker (the cactus in a pot). It's just too cute, and I don't know why!

    YES I AGREE WITH THE EMOJI IN THE BOOK THIEF. I wanted to cry in that book, but then I was reading it under my desk during class, and if I had cried the teacher would've noticed me reading. HAHA. oh well. I've always wanted to read Shadow and Bone too. It's been in my TBR for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I also love the Prickly Pear stickers! Though I usually stick to Sheepy here. All of the stickers are incredibly cute, honestly!

      HAHAAH YOU WERE READING IN CLASS! That's classic! I used to do that too in elementary school.

      Delete
  6. Oh those little emojis are soo cute! I love what you've picked to correspond, The Book Thief is perfect and a sad one. I've heard so much about The Darkling but I feel like I need to get to know him better by reading books 2 & 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really need to read the sequels to Shadow and Bone, but I'm saving them for the school year!

      Delete
  7. ANOTHER EMOJI TAG? YES! Haha! ;) I absolutely love this! I completely agree with everything you've mentioned here and the corresponding emojis. Baach being stuck under the umbrella (poor thing!) definitely reminds me of how I felt during The Book Thief too. And yes! I also approve of lovey dovey - eyed Baach with the Darkling. ;)

    Thanks for sharing, and wonderful post Valerie! <3

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Baach is the most adorable sheep ever. <33 ;) xD

      Delete
    2. Thanks Zoe! I really love that Baach has an umbrella, but I didn't find any emoticons of him crying in the set. So I just had to stick with that one. AND YES HE IS ADORABLE.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Zoe! I really love that Baach has an umbrella, but I didn't find any emoticons of him crying in the set. So I just had to stick with that one. AND YES HE IS ADORABLE.

      Delete
  8. This is fantastic! Such a fun post idea, and I kind of love that sheep in general (I use him all the time on FB too!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is awesome! Do your friends make fun of him too? Haha

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh Baach is so freaking adorable!! And this post was hilarious hahahaha, I love how you described all your match ups! (Also I now need to read this book because...torture house of pancakes?! What?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU DO! I know it's probably not the best contemporary, but it was so much fun and cuteness everywhere. AND TORTURE HOUSE OF PANCAKES. It's somewhere I definitely would love to go to. I wish they had such things in my town :P

      Delete
  10. This is such a fun tag! And those sheep emoji's are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those emoji's are adorable! What a creative post, good job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanna!! You should do the tag too :)

      Delete
  12. Awww, those emojis look so freaking cute! It's probably the cutest one I've seen lately! :D I'm inspired now to draw sheeps >_> LOL! And I super agree with you on Earth Star (that's the only book here that I can relate to haha). 40% in I was just so bored and was only finishing it just so I could get it over with. Not sure I'll bother with the finale, tbh.

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY DRAW SHEEPIES. They are adorable! And hahah Earth Star. I can't believe I stuck through that book for so long.

      Delete
  13. AWWW, be still my heart, this post is ridiculously cute!!!! <3 Btw, I hear you, Jarra got on my every last nerve in Earth Girl. And I think I should read The Art of Lainey - I love me some light contemporary fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read Lainey! It is adorable, just like sheepie here :D

      Delete
  14. Adorable emojis, Val!

    I didn't love The Art of Lainey, but it's definitely a happy book, and Paula Stokes is an awesome person. :)

    I still haven't read The Book Thief. :( I have a DVD of the movie, and I plan to watch it before reading it, since my dad's waiting to watch it together. ^_^

    The Here and the Now is not a book I'll be picking up. It looks really, really boring, actually. And I never bothered finishing Brashares' The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, either.

    The Darkling!? I love that emoji and all, but I do not love the Darkling. xD I would have to agree about Puck, though! *swoons*

    Awesome post, girl! Thanks for sharing.

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, The Art of Lainey was just so light-hearted and fuzzy, definitely pretty happy. AND WHAT. GO READ THE BOOK THIEF! NOW.

      No. As much as I hate myself for saying this, but I think I'm doing you some good telling you not to read it.

      Hahahah too bad for that! I do love Puck though! He's adorable :D

      Delete
  15. SUCH AN ADORABLE TAG! And yay -- thanks so much for tagging me! I'm going to have a field day with this, mwahahaha. And pfft, don't listen to those Baach-haters. Use whatever emoji you want, I say! Plus, the personal spin you put to this tag was cute to read. I'm loving Baach already. <3

    1. I haven't read The Art of Lainey yet but I've been hearing similar things about how light and fun it is! Honestly, I could do with a fun contemporary. All the ones I've been reading have been so angsty, and I need more good cheesiness in my life. Glad that you and Baach enjoyed it!

    2. I'm still majorly disappointed that Earth Star sucked. Earth Girl had such an awesome premise. *shakes fist at sky* WHY, JANET EDWARDS?!

    3. Haha, I felt pretty much the same about The Here and Now. It could've been a purely romance novel for all I cared, the time travel part seemed just like a way for the main character (what's her name again?) and Ethan to get together. Sheesh. I hate cliche romances books that disguise themselves as epic fantasies or cool sci-fi novels. :(

    4. EEEP, so happy you loved Shadow & Bone! Seriously one of my favorite YA series ever. Yes, the Darkling is so sexy I can't even. Like what is life anymore. I don't care that he's probably more than a century old. He's just... *dreamy sigh* Val, you need to read the rest of the series ASAP. I recently finished Ruin & Rising and oh my heart. The entire trilogy is just epic with a capital "E."

    I'll get my post up hopefully by next week! EXCITEEDDDD.

    Nice meeting you, Baach! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Post is very useful, I am truly to this blog which is specially design about the emojis It helped me with ocean of awareness so I really appreciate your blog.
    emojis

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information... emoticon

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving comments, checking out new blogs, and replying back, either here or on your own blog :3

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.