Friday, November 3, 2017

Vote For These Books On Goodreads!


HI ALL. So this might be a wake-up call that it’s already November and the year is almost over (it was to me), but you can now vote for the Best Books of 2017 on Goodreads! Though this is only the opening round. BUT I am here to try to convince you to vote for some of these books. And okay, to be fair, I haven’t exactly read all of these, BUT WHO CARES. I’m just having fun ha.

LET’S START WITH FANTASY BECAUSE I KNOW 0 BOOKS IN THE CATEGORIES BEFORE IT:

So, I voted for  A Conjuring of Light  by V. E. Schwab. Why? Well it was an amazing finale if I do say so myself. And right after I finished it I just wanted to start the whole series over. Because I didn’t want to leave the world or the characters. I could confidently say that it’s a favorite series. BUT HEY YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR THIS TOO!

If I had read White Hot by Ilona Andrews, I would have voted for it in the Romance category. I mean I know none of the other reads, so maybe I’ll just go with that?

In the science fiction category, I voted for Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuval. WHICH I DID LIKE. I don’t think I liked it as much as the first book, Sleeping Giants, but I think that’s because I forgot about half of the characters. Whoops.

I hate horror so let us not. OK I AM JUST SKIPPING TO SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.

I voted for We Have No Idea, mainly because it’s by the same people that draw the funny Ph.D. comics on Twitter (or whatever other platforms they have). One day I’ll own and read their book too! There’s an interesting octopus looking book that sounds cool, hopefully I’ll read it one day.


GRAPHIC NOVELS! I got stuck between Saga and Ms. Marvel, even though I haven’t read neither of the new volumes featured. But in the end, I had to go with Saga by Brian Vaughan and Fiona Staples just because it really is a phenomenal comic. It really is nothing like I’ve ever read before.

There’s a bunch of poetry I want to read, but I have no doubt that Rupi Kaur’s The Sun and Her Flowers will win. No doubt. Still need to read it!

VOTING FOR The Hate U Give for both Best Debut Authors AND Young Adult Fiction! There were actually some REALLY good choices for YA Fiction, and let’s be honest, I haven’t read THUG yet (I know, I’m ashamed), but I think that really deserves the spot. Like Turtles All The Way Down was good, but not as great. I think When Dimple Met Rishi, Goodbye Days, and Gentleman’s Guide also would have been great choices, but I don’t know. I think THUG deserves this more.

For YA Fantasy and Sci-fi (why are these lumped together?), I voted for Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. Because I absolutely loved that book, and it’s definitely one of my favorites of the year. Another great choice would be Scythe, which I also adored (Thunderhead comes out next year!).

For MG & Children’s, I haven’t read any of the books, but I know Rashika keeps raving about Amina’s Voice by Hena Khan. SO I VOTED FOR IT AND YOU SHOULD TOO.

Last, but not least. Picture books! Not that I have read any of these, but my vote went to Malala’s Magic Pencil, because Malala is awesome and doing so much to help the world right now. So yes I will vote for her book!


What books will you be voting for? Are you voting for the same ones I am?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.