Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #40

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!


Top Ten Books I've Had On My Goodreads TBR The Longest 

Haha this week's was a freebie, but I thought it would be really cool to see what books I added to my TBR when I first started my Goodreads account 3 years ago. You know, before my book blogging days, and therefore before I knew anything about books.


1Q84 by Haruki Murakami - I DON'T KNOW why this is on my list, because I have never read 1984, and this is supposed to be a reference to that? I guess I was just really into reading Haruki Murakami. 

Hourglass by Myra McEntire - I actually still think I would read this. It's about a girl who can see visions from the past I think? The cover is gorgeous, so hmm.

Entwined by Heather Dixon - I don't know why I added this to my TBR, maybe because it has the word "enchanted" in the blurb. I don't even know what the story of the Twelve Dancing Princesses is.

The Bird With The Broken Wing by D. L. Richardson - Okay, angels falling in love with mortals. I'm glad there's a much more diverse genre of YA paranormal and fantasy books nowadays. I mean, I would read this, but ehh. This seems like one of the books that aren't well-known at all. 

11/22/63 by Stephen King - I HAVE THIS, the only problem is that it's over 600 pages and it's just really intimidating. But man I remember asking for it for Christmas. I still want to read it. Gah.

If I Stay by Gayle Forman - So yes. I apparently added this before I knew how popular it was. Well I mean back in the day it wasn't going to be a movie yet, so maybe I knew about it before everyone else? Haha! No but I should read this one day huh.

American Gods by Neil Gaiman - Wooo Neil Gaiman. I've read a couple of his books, and liked them decently. I don't remember what this one is about, Gods? American? Gods that are American? Yep, sounds good.

The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller - I do still want to read this. This is from the time were I was moving away from YA because that's what I thought was required of me (bad move, high schooler Val), so I wasn't really looking through YA. But Greeks! Historical fiction! Yay.

Feed by M. T. Anderson - This ISN'T the one by Mira Grant, but the one where all our heads are connected to internet feeds. Sounds interesting doesn't it??? Yes. I thought so too.

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness - I remember picking this up from the library but not having the motivation to read it. Well, maybe that will change one day.


So yes? What are some of the earliest books on your Goodreads TBR? How about physical? Can you even remember that far back? 
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.