Friday, January 30, 2015

The Bookshelf Tag


Thank you Kelly @ Diva Booknerd for tagging me! I've finally gotten around to doing it (5 months later, seriously)! Since this is actually called the bookshelf tag, I'll try to answer all these questions based on what is physically on my bookshelf now, which isn't a lot sadly. But that's ok! So here we go!


Is there a book that you really want to read but haven't because you know that it'll make you cry?

Well, it used to be Code Name Verity and Rose Under Fire, but since I've gotten through both of them, I have nothing to live for! Just kidding. I actually love reading sad books, because even though I'm miserable while reading them, I love the emotions that are portrayed. THE FEELS are just too good. MUST. KEEP. EXPERIENCING THEM.




Pick one book that helped introduce you to a new genre.

The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot introduced me to the paranormal genre, aka not exactly dark vampire series, but more of main characters having these random powers in the modern world, like talking to ghosts or being able to look into the future.

I think this was around middle school? I remember being disappointed in the lack of this genre at the time. Then Twilight came out and BOOM.


Find a book that you want to reread.

Definitely The Book Thief, no doubt about it. I recently finished I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak, and it was brilliant. Are there any other books by him I need to know about? Ok, back on topic. The Book Thief is beautifully written, and I keep rereading the ending because see answer to question number one. ha. haha.


Is there a book series you read but wish that you hadn't?

Yeahhhhh. Earth Girl was one of those that sucked me in, but then spit me back out in the sequel. Now I have to read the last book in the trilogy, just because I'm so close to the end. I mean, I could just end it here and not read Earth Flight, but I love the satisfaction of finishing a series (unless it's one of those, like Harry Potter)




If your house was burning down and all of your family and pets were safe, which book would you go back inside to save?

Wow a burning house. GREAT. My bookshelf is small enough to carry it back outside, so there's no worries about that. 

Oh. Fine. You want me to actually answer this question. Bah

Throne of Glass. I haven't even read it, but I went through so much harassment (yes harassment I tell you! I see the comments. I HAVE PROOF) and peer pressure, so now that I finally have it, I am not going to lose it to a fire. Nope.


Is there one book on your bookshelf that brings back fond memories?

Inkheart! By Cornelia Funke. I used to bring that to elementary school all the time just to read it. I'm pretty sure I would read it while the teacher was talking. I was a bad child back in the day.


Find a book that has inspired you the most.

LIKE EVERY AMAZING BOOK I HAVE EVER READ! I was really inspired to do good things in the world after reading I Am the Messenger


Do you have any autographed books?

Sadly, no. This will be fixed one day. Hopefully


Find the book that you have owned the longest.

Does this count picture books or those young reader book things? Because too be honest, I've owned the Magic Tree House series for a very long time now, since Kindergarden! But only up to when I stopped keeping up with the series (what are they up to now? #100?)


Is there a book by an author that you never imagined you would read or enjoy?

So you want to know if I read a book I thought I would hate? Because of the author? I don't really hate authors because I still kind of consider myself a newbie when it comes to knowing authors. So in the end I just read what I read. 


Show your bookshelf!

Here it is!


Isn't it adorable? Haha.

I'm not going to tag anyone specific because I'm too lazy, but if you're reading this post now, consider yourself tagged!

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.