Friday, January 23, 2015

Read Play Blog #5


Read Play Blog is a meme about video games and books, posted every 16th of the month. Bloggers are encouraged to answer a discussion question, and recommend a video game that is similar to a book they liked. Hosted by Happy Indulgence Books & Read Me Away.

What games are you looking forward to in 2015?

To be honest, I don't know. I haven't kept up with games since I haven't been keeping up with the latest consoles. And although I keep saying that this is the year I buy a PS4, I'm not sure if I'll actually go for it. WELL, time to look up games and get hyped over them just for this post.


Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

WHAT IS THIS HORRIBLE TRAILER POSTER. WHY DOES NATE LOOK LIKE HE'S 40 AND OLD AND TIRED. This is the finale (I'm guessing) to the Uncharted series that I've been playing on the PS3, and man, I don't know what to think. It's just, wahhhh. I swear, it looks like everything bad could potentially happen and no I don't want that.

Monthly Recommendation

Recommendation: The Oregon Trail



DO YOU REMEMBER THIS GAME? Yes. I do too.

Well good news, it's been archived, and you can play it for free on the interwebs! There's the 1990 version here, and The Oregon Trail Deluxe here.

But yeah, the game's fairly simple to explain, you and your family is traveling to the frontier because, I guess you want to mine for gold or whatever, but the journey ahead of you is long and tough. So based on your choices and occupation, events will happen along the journey that YOU have to deal with, with your choices.

So yep, old game, but still a classic.


(I promise that next time I'll schedule on the 16th, I just keep on forgetting hahah). Thanks to Jeann and Ana for creating this amazing meme! As usual!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.