Tuesday, May 9, 2017

5 Reasons Why I Miss Blogging


Let's be honest. I have NOT been the most active here. My reasons for that have been mainly due to 1) work and grad school and 2) just not enough motivation at all. But now that all my assignments are turned in, it's finally summer. And you would think that because of all this time, I would be more excited to blog, right?

Wrong. I am even more lazy. I feel like I have to put extra effort to come up with posts and TYPE STUFF. Never have I wanted to blog from my brain more than I do now.

But while saying all of this, I can say that there were a couple aspects of blogging that I miss. FOR EXAMPLE.

1. Seeing new content on the blog. This used to be, and still is, a big reason why I loved to blog. I loved seeing this little project grow into something encompasses my passion and my creativity (what little that I have of it, at least). Even though this isn't a published book or paper, it's nice seeing your finished website out there in the world, in the public. Sure, it might not be as modern or efficient as a self-hosted Wordpress blog, but I don't have the money to justify that haha.

2. Reading other blogs and *genuinely* enjoying it. There used to be a time where I dedicated some days as "commenting" days. And then I would comment on every single Top Ten post, on every blog's first post if they commented on mine, on every post in general. And it was just, tedious. And I burned out quickly. I'm sure every other blogger can tell you this same little story. Which is why I realized that it's okay to not comment on some posts, because I personally don't enjoy forcing my comments, and I know the blogs I read deserve genuine comments (where I actually read everything word for word and DON'T skim).

3. And following up on that, keeping tracking of my favorite bloggers. Because I need to know what you're reading, doing, how your life is, at every point in time. And Twitter is nice and all, but reading personal posts gives me a much better perspective. ALSO I love showing my support on my favorite blogs because I want to let my friends know that their posts matter. THEY MATTER TO ME. And that's really all that counts, right?

4. Talking about books. This is a big one. It's why I started blogging in the first place. But somewhere along the way, writing reviews became more of a chore rather than an enjoyable hobby. Which is why I am constantly trying new reviewing strategies. Sometimes, it's just hard because I don't always have something to say or comment on. I just...flail. Or...think meh. BUT I do very much enjoy roasting books I hated. My blog is more of a place to get my feelings out about a book, but I don't think it's a great place to incite discussion. Twitter is a better place for that, but social media has seen better days, imo.

5. And lastly, YOU. Obviously I love getting comments, and I'm just glad everyone is sticking with me. Though I think I need to go through the blogosphere again, just to keep count of who's still here and who isn't. I think everyone I know is still blogging? Again, I need to comment.


What makes you come back to blogging after a slump? Also I don't think I'll be the most active here, but I will post when I can, and that's all that matters!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.