Sunday, December 20, 2015

An Innocent Life #2: An End To The Madness


Hello, it's me again. And this time, I am not quoting Adele. Though I have been listening to her album non-stop. And a bunch of others.

If you haven't noticed, I took an impromptu hiatus due to the sheer craziness that was my Fall 2015 term. I only had a million group projects, a couple of papers, and one exam. And I finally finished and I'm currently at my parents' apartment now.

Except that is a lie. A huge fat LIE. I apparently still have to revise a paper to make it longer and more like what a PhD graduate student would write. I am a little bitter about this. But let's move on.


I received these two books from my wonderful, amazing #OTSPSecretSister, who I know now to be Sara @ A Gingerly Review thanks to my awesome DETECTIVE SKILLS! She sent me Split Second which is awesome because I already read Pivot Point and loved it.

She also got me The Archived which is again AWESOME because I've been planning to read everything by Victoria Schwab. And this in general sounds super intriguing! 

Unfortunately I was unable to take photos of the both of them due to my laziness, and the fact that I am not in Rochester right now. Whoops.


However, I do have my giveaway win from Deanna @ Deanna Writes! It means a lot that you sent Their Fractured Light to me!

Man, life is hard.

Like I said before, I just finished my semester, and I am pumped for Christmas! But unfortunately, I've hit this little slump in blogging, and I guess I am in one of those moods that is killing my motivation?

On the other hand, and what I really want to talk about, is my upcoming interview with a PhD program at my first choice school! I am incredibly excited because 1) the professor really seemed to like me when we Skyped and 2) they are paying all of my expenses to travel down to North Carolina! I hope I don't jinx anything, but unless I completely screw up the interview, I have a really good chance of going there! So BAM!

Christmas is coming up, I even made an xmas card with my roomies to celebrate this fact. And our 8 foot tree (we have a tall ceiling)


If you don't know who I am by now, then you are DISOWNED. Just kidding. I'm the one on the left in the serious photo.

And, I think that is all I had to say? Man I am really pooped. Thanks for sticking by me during my months of stress and academics! It really means a lot! I also got a couple of Christmas cards, and I am very grateful for them all! I will be sending New Year's Eve cards to bloggers I got addresses to but never ended up sending cards to because lack of money.

OH, did I forget to mention that I am going to ALAMW in Boston? Because I am. Is anyone else? I have no idea what books are going to be there, but if you know there's going to be a specific book there and you want me to grab it for you, just DM me (Amber, Holly, Shannon, NOT YOU).
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.