Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #66

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!

Ten Fairytale Retellings I've Read/Want To Read

And here is the one topic that I can literally do with no trouble whatsoever. If you haven't figured out by now, I'm a huge YA fantasy reader, and fairytale retellings are just up my alley.


Read And Rated


Cinder by Marissa Meyer - Not only is it a Cinderella retelling, but the rest of The Lunar Chronicles consist of a Red Riding Hood retelling, Rapunzel retelling, and I'm guessing Winter will be a Snow White retelling. READ THIS SERIES.

Splintered by A. G. Howard -An Alice in Wonderland retelling! A much creepier version than the Disney version, yes.

Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen - I'm positive this is a Beauty and the Beast retelling, though this is more MG than YA, the romance is barely present.

Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge - A Red Riding Hood retelling! Though it strays far, far away from that fairytale!

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson - Peter Pan retelling! 100 times better than Second Star, trust me. I was tempted to put that on my list but then I was just like no.


Need To Be Read Soon


The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler - So so excited to read This Little Mermaid retelling, which is also a contemporary!

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - I enjoyed Crimson Bound, so there's a pretty good chance that I'll also enjoy Hodge's Beauty and the Beast retelling!

A Thousand Nights by E. K. Johnson - I'm pretty sure this is a retelling of A Thousand and One Nights, but I may be wrong. Honestly, I'm just guessing and assuming at this point.

Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay - I feel like this is the only Sleeping Beauty retelling, though I'm probably wrong. But yes, need to get to this!

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh - I recently learned that this was also a retelling, of A Thousand and One Nights, and this also happens to be on my TBR. I'm wondering how similar both this and A Thousand Nights will be, so that will be fun to compare!


As you can see, I love fairytale retellings. Are there any I've missed?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.