Saturday, August 22, 2015

Stacking the Shelves #30


Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

I borrowed Denton Little's Deathdate on a whim, and I am glad I did. I have already read this and enjoyed it immensely!

I've been meaning to pick up another book by Catherynne M. Valente, but haven't done so until now, which is why I borrowed Deathless. I am excited for some Russian folklore based stories!

I know that the Iron Fey series is never ending, but I figured that I should at least finish the main trilogy. I don't know. I just WANT to finish the series since I started it, so here I am with The Iron Queen.

I have heard a lot of a lot of good things about Melissa Keil, so when I found one of her books at the library, Life In Outer Space, I borrowed it right away!

As for graphic novels, I had Ms. Marvel on hold, and I HAVE read this volume! Though it wasn't until recently that I found out the library had all three volumes, I just didn't know! Next time I will borrowing the rest of the series!

NOT SHOWN: Reawakened by Colleen Houck. I just finished reading this 5 minutes ago! It was a fun read, even though I did have minor issues with it!

LAST WEEK OF SUMMER! HOW???

Well let's be honest I am very excited to get back to classes and not work full-time hours. I am ready to see some of my friends that have been gone the entire summer, especially since I have friends in all of my classes. 

Other than that, I am mainly looking forward to getting work over with, my car tire fixed, and to have a great new semester. It also looks like I'll be working two jobs this semester, which means I'll be more busy than usual, but at least I'll have some extra cash rolling in. You know, for when I decide to switch over to Wordpress.

Remember how I mentioned that I was having trouble recruiting children? Well since I recruited at the zoo, I've gotten three lab appointments for next week! As of then, I will have 10 children recorded! And my goal was 16! Plus I recently dropped off consent forms at a daycare, and they were very willing to pass them out to parents. Soon, my project will come to an end, recruiting wise!

So yep. I think things are looking up. Though I should wait until tomorrow before I say that, aha.

How was your week?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.