Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #48

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!

Top Ten Books From My Childhood That I Would Love To Revisit!

I read a ton of books when I was a youngin', and yes, I would love to revisit them all because I barely remember the plot, or what made me love that specific book so much. BUT THEN AGAIN, I don't want to ruin the magic. So maybe I will revisit them in theory.


Inkheart by Cornelia Funke - Only my favorite childhood book of all time so of course it's going to be on the list. I also want to reread the entire trilogy, because I kind of didn't finish the last book in this series. 

Matilda by Roald Dahl - I love this book, I love the movie, I wouldn't mind revisiting this at all because I know that it will still be amazing. Because Matilda.

Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell - I'm pretty sure I had to read this for summer reading in elementary school, but I absolutely loved it. Do I remember it? No. No I do not. But dolphins.

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli - I'm actually very surprised that there is a sequel to this. The ending for Stargirl, at least I remember, really saddened me, so maybe I'll check out that second book.

Frindle by Andrew Clements - THIS BOOK. I think I read everything by Andrew Clements because they were just so fun. Like renaming a pen "frindle".

Hoot by Carl Hiaasen - I also reread this book numerous times throughout my childhood, this and Flush. Now that I think about it, Flush was more of a favorite.

The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine - So I kind of remember what happened, I know that it's about the plague, but it also involved magic and fairies?  

Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce - I READ EVERYTHING BY TAMORA PIERCE. Mostly everything haha. But I've been meaning to reread this series, because Alanna is awesome. The cover? Not so much.

Half Magic by Edward Eager - I remember the cover and the illustrations, but nothing about this book. Just that I saw it, every day, in elementary school. It haunts me.

Socks by Beverly Cleary - CATS. SOCKS. EVERYTHING I LOVE IN LIFE. Anyways, I love Beverly Cleary was also another author I read a lot from in my elementary school years.


I read a billion books in elementary school, even while the teacher was talking, ha. Any childhood books you would like to revisit?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.