Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #45

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!

Top Ten Books I Classify As My All Time Favorites!

But it has to be in the last 3 years. Ha. Good thing that most of my favorites are from the past three years, and mainly because I started blogging. So be prepared for ALL MY FLAILING, because it is likely to happen. Also, seriously? 10? Why? Such a huge restriction


Still Alice by Lisa Genova - Have you watched the Oscars? Did you know that Julianne Moore, the actress playing Alice in the novel, won an Oscar for Best Actress? NOW YOU KNOW. I watched the movie for this and I bawled like a baby because this is so emotional. Alzheimer's is emotional in general, but the way it's written just makes it even more so.

The Machine of Death by Ryan North - Can I just leave the summary here instead, because I feel like I constantly mention this anthology and no one knows what I'm talking about. 
"The machine had been invented a few years ago: a machine that could tell, from just a sample of your blood, how you were going to die. It didn't give you the date and it didn't give you specifics. It just spat out a sliver of paper upon which were printed, in careful block letters, the words DROWNED or CANCER or OLD AGE or CHOKED ON A HANDFUL OF POPCORN. It let people know how they were going to die."
And there you have it. DO YOU FEEL MORE COMPELLED TO READ IT NOW? I will take that as a yes.


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - There's a couple reasons why this is another one of my favorites, the first being that Liesel is a book lover, the second that it's set in WWII, and third, Rudy is such an adorable boy and, and let's not talk about the ending. Basically every character in that book has a place in my poor, broken heart.

Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks - This is actually a very touching, poignant story about a young boy who struggles with being social, and as a result develops an imaginary friend. This also made my heart break. Wow I am seeing a trend here, haha. Why do I torture myself so?

Cress by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles) - And when I say Cress I mean the entire Lunar Chronicles series, because I loved all three. Cress is just my favorite because it's the latest one, and I need Winter very very badly.

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater - Again, same as above, I love every book in The Raven Cycle series, but The Dream Thieves was my favorite out of them all, just because I understood everything that was going on. (Though seriously at this point a dinosaur could tromp through Henrietta destroying everything in its path and I wouldn't care as long as my babies don't get hurt)

All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - MY MOST RECENT FAVORITE. It's kind of like an adult version of The Book Thief, and it also has a ton of heartbreaking scenes that made me angry and frustrated and it's just so realistic that I almost couldn't handle it.

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson - Or in other words, anything by Brandon Sanderson. This is my first Sanderson favorite, simply because it was my first Sanderson read! It's also 1000 pages with quite a bit of character development. AND DID I MENTION THAT IT'S AMAZING?

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas - I did not see that ending coming. That is all I can say, and also that's pretty much why it's now one of my favorites. 

Mistorn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson - Another Sanderson read! I just finished the second book, Well of Ascension, and although I didn't like it as much as The Final Empire, it was still really good!


Too many favorites! Honestly I'm not sure what I even consider a favorite because I love so many books.

Do we share any favorites? If you haven't read any of these, then what are you waiting for? 
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.