Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #44

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!


Top Ten Book Related Problems I Have

Like as in book nerd problems? Problems for being a blogger? Or just books? I do have to admit I do have problems, but that's mostly because of money and not having enough time and yeah. Wooo for being a book nerd! But that's why I'm a book blogger, so let's get down with it.


The Money Problems - Haha! I am broke sadly. Well not exactly broke, but I'm still iffy about spending money on books. Have you seen those price tags? I usually just wait for sales. I also have limited myself to one new release per month.

The sad, busy life of a college student, aka NO TIME - I have homework all the time, and studying too. Don't forget my "social life". Oh, and work. I barely have any time, and if I want to read at night, I have to make sure not to fall asleep.

Reading eARCs that turn out to be not the best - Yeahhh. Especially those "meh" ones. I don't mind reading ones that are bad because then I have a reason for not liking them, but sometimes there is no reason. I just didn't like it, and how am I supposed to explain that?

Writing negative reviews - They are very fun to write. So technically it's not a problem, but sometimes I feel bad for saying how bad a book is. 

Which book should I read next?? - I never, EVER know. Seriously. I never have a TBR for the month because when do I ever follow those. Also, another problem is trying to fit in all the books during a week. Every time I tell myself "I can read three books this week!", but it never happens.

Not having IRL friends to flail with - Honestly, I only have one friend in real life that reads like me, but she doesn't read as fast, and it's only the well-known books. Don't get me wrong, I love love love LOVE talking to you guys about books, BUT THEN AGAIN there are some books I want to talk about that no one has read yet. (That's what buddy reads are for)


The judgy-ness of others - Le sigh. I feel really weird for reading in my campus starbucks, but I literally don't care anymore. I basically spend all my free time there, reading. NO SHAME. 


NOT ENOUGH BOOKSHELVES - I only have one bookshelf and it is filling up fast. And even if I buy a new one, where would I put it? For now, I've decided to just resort to bins. It's until I move anyways. 

Misleading covers - I am obsessed with covers. So much that I will judge a book by it's cover. I end up requesting books based on covers, and that's not a good thing, especially if they turn out not so good (cough The Winter People cough)

DNFing books - I don't like not finishing books, I really don't. But you know, I should probably do it more often because I don't like reading books that I don't like. 


Is it a bad thing that that was easy coming up with all those problems? Oh well reading is what I do, what we all do. So let's be proud of all the things we go through for reading.

Do you have any book nerd problems?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.