Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Reader Problems Tag


I have been tagged by Nobody @ The Story Goes..., and apparently I'm supposed to answer all these questions that are hypothetical but still, stressful. I really hope none of these ever happen to me hahah....ha.

You have 20k books in your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?

First off, I really hope this doesn't happen anytime soon, nope. And second, I guess I would just choose to read the newest release, or the most hyped up book. For example, on last last week's TTT, a lot of bloggers commented and said that I should read Vicious and Written in Red. So guess what I'll be getting from the library next? Yep, those two books.


You're halfway through a book and you're just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?

I quit. I'm done with reading books I hate and don't like. If it's not worth my time then I'm not going to read it. It'll give me an excuse to write a fun, ranty short review for it anyways, right? I enjoy writing those, does that make me a bad person?


The end of the year is coming, and you're so close but so far away from your Goodreads reading challenge? Do you try to catch up and how?


READ ALL THE NOVELLAS. And the short books that are less than 200 pages. I could do a book a day hahah.

No but honestly I think I would just leave it. Sadly.

The covers of the series you love do not match. How do you cope?

Cry and stalk The Book Depository. (Australians I'm looking at you, you with your nice Abhorsen covers)



Everyone and their mothers love a book you really don't like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?

MYSELF AND MY IMAGINARY CAT. 

I think I would just rant about it in my review, and that's it. A lot of bloggers are really open to my opinions, so I'm glad that's the case. And this usually never happens anyways so HA. 


You're reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal with it?

This has already happened. I started crying in the school library while I was reading The Book Thief (because that ending man, you cannot not cry). And I had to take short breaks from the book to look around and clear my eyes. 


Still worth the read though 


A sequel of a book you love just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip to the sequel? Try to find a synopsis in Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!

Just be confused. That's how I do it. 

Though I think reading other blogger reviews would really help.  


You do not want anyone borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?

Just never mention it and hope the other person forgets. Honestly I don't have this problem. I want people to borrow my books haha.


Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?

Force myself TO READ THEM ALL. I don't usually put down books because I really want to give every book a fair shot.



There are so many books coming out that you're dying to read! How many books do you buy?

ONLY ONE! Or maybe two. Or just as much as my credit card can buy, no big deal right? This year, I'm planning to buy one new release a month, just because I never buy books, and that needs to be fixed. Plus, there's always the library.


After you've bought the new books you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit in your shelf before you get to them?

A couple of days, weeks, months. For Throne of Glass, probably years.


Time to tag bloggers!

It seems that a lot of bloggers have already been tagged, so I'm just going to go for it and if you've already been tagged then oops?

Cynthia @ Afterwritten
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.