Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Tag


So I've actually been tagged three times by these amazing, lovely, super adorable bloggers Holly @ The Fox's Hideaway, Paula @ Her Book Thoughts, and Alma @ Journey Through Fiction. And then also Erica @ Books4ev, so now I have forty questions! SO yeah, after this you will know everything about me. BECAUSE YOU WANT TO RIGHT? Ha.

So yes, before anyone else tags me, because , I will be answering all forty questions. Good luck with reading through all of these muhahahah. Well you don't have to because this is going to be one long post. I didn't want to leave any questions out.

Moving on! Wait, is this even an tag? Is it an award? Oh well same thing, same thing.


Le Rules:

1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their awesome blog(s).
2. Post the award's logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions (or thirty) that you've been asked.
4. Nominate ten other bloggers and ask them ten questions!


Why did you start blogging?

To be honest, I started blogging because I was procrastinating on studying for my exams. I also got the idea from several old book blogs that I discovered even though they are no longer active anymore. 

Basically I have amazing procrastination skills, and I also love reading. 


Do you have any quirky reading habits?

No I have pretty normal reading habits sadly. I try to read at night, but usually I am so tired from blogging and commenting that I just pass out. Though I do know that I can't comment well unless I have eaten foodies first.


What book have you reread the most?

I have definitely reread Inkheart by Cornelia Funke the most. It was and still is my favorite childhood book. I think I'm going to try to get through the entire series, because I ended up DNFing the last book, sadly. I personally loved the first book the best. 


What do you do when you're in a reading slump?

I PLAY VIDEO GAMES

Or I study, you know, because it's what I'm supposed to do. Oh, and actually I use commenting and interacting with you people as procrastination from reading. 


Do you judge a book by its cover?

I DO. I refuse to touch or a request a book unless the cover is fabulous. This is seriously a problem because there are some really good books out there that I just flat out refuse to buy.


If you could live in one fictional world, what would it be?

HAPPY PUPPER~! THE LIGHTNING BOLT HEADED PUPPY



But yeah, back to this topic, as I've said in my other tags, Hogwarts is the place to be because I will not die there. And I will learn magic. And I will be in Gryffindor, and eat lots of food.


What's one of your pet peeves in books?

I absolutely hate it when the main character makes a buttload of dumb decisions, and it's even worse when she gets saved from these dumb mistakes out of nowhere (*cough* The Here and Now). I understand that authors think it's a good conflict starter, but just, no.



When thinking about reading a book, do you research it and ask friends about it, or do you like taking chances and going in blind?

HA. I DO BOTH. 

Honestly I read a ton of reviews, and then I just forget them all. See? Going in blind. But I do read reviews to decide whether to read certain books or not.


Which fictional character would you love to spend the day with?

I would love to spend a day with Liesel (and Rudy) from The Book Thief, just because they are the cutest and most adorable and also I would love to talk about books with Liesel.


Who is your favorite OTP (one true pairing)?

Alma also asked this question as well, and so I've got to say...it really is Liesel and Rudy. Gah. I just, I have so many feels from The Book Thief.



If money was no option, where would you travel to, and why?

PARIS! Just because I've been taking French for the last year, and France is just awesome. But you know, I would also just travel EVERYWHERE. I also want to go to Japan, but I don't talk Japanese, ah well.


Physical or eBooks? And why?

Physical books! Why? Um, because I can smell them? And hold them, and plus the COVERS. THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!


Your favorite character of all time?

Why are these questions so hard? I like all my characters. But I think I'm going to have to choose Suze from The Mediator.


If you could ask one author to continue writing a series that's already ended, who (and what series) would you choose?

Other than Harry Potter? Well, I've definitely thought about more books for the Mediator series by Meg Cabot, and guess what it is happening! I think she's writing an 8th book, but it's going to be adult rather than YA. I'm not sure how it will turn out, but I'll be looking forward to it. 


Do you play a musical instrument? (And if not, do you wish you had learned to play?)

Yesss, I do play the piano. So bam.



What is the last book you read that gave you all the feels?

What does this even mean? Like do you want me to choose a book that had amazing characters, or a beautiful romance or just gahhhh. I think I'm going to choose the Dream Thieves because I recently finished it and it was beautiful. 


Upcoming 2015 book you can't wait to read?

Ahhh I just wrote a list about this. I would say A Court of Thorns and Roses, but I've never read anything by Sarah J. Maas, but then there's also Fairest and Winter because LUNAR CHRONICLES! :D


Tea or Coffee? Pick one. The catch? It's the only thing you can drink for the rest of your life...

Coffee!


Describe yourself in five words.

Really? Blahh I know nothing about myself. Okay I do haha. I would say I'm: shy, but weird, easy to impress (whoops that's three), a bit of a pushover, and also mischievous. Shh don't tell anyone.


Do you spend more time reading on the screen or on paper?

I think I spend more time reading on my computer screen because I spend an enormous amount of time reading other blog posts, because I LOVE YOU GUYS. 




When you are not reading, what do you do?

I PLAY VIDEO GAMES! Or homework, because ya know. Work.



Who is your CURRENT book boyfriend?

Noah from the Raven Cycle. Oh poop but there's also Puck from the Iron Fey as well. Gah. I'll just choose them both. THOUGH WAIT, there's also Kiaran from The Falconer...


Author you've read the most books from?

Brandon Sanderson, and also Rainbow Rowell. I've read four books from each of them.



What is the BEST SERIES EVER? For you.

Definitely The Mediator series for me. I know, I've mentioned it tons, but it was a series that first got me into reading, even though I took a 2 year break during high school. BUT I'M BACK NOW!



What is your drink of choice while reading?

I usually drink nothing while reading though, though sometimes coffee, so there ya go!


Fictional character you probably would have actually dated in high school.

Probably Noah from The Raven Cycle, NO I AM NOT JUST SAYING THIS BECAUSE I'M OBSESSED WITH NOAH. Maybe.



Give me a HIDDEN GEM BOOK!

Yes yes, The Spirit Thief by Rachel Aaron. I read this a year ago and it was really good fantasy series that didn't focus heavily on romance, but then in the end I wanted there to be romance. I haven't continued on the series though.



What are the kind of books you don't read?

Uhh, I don't read much chick lit, or those cute contemporary reads. It's just too cutesy for me?



Name that classic book that you think EVERYBODY should read.

Hahahahha, by the way Paula yes you are awesome. There is no doubt about that. Anyways, to answer your actual question, I think everybody should read The Giver, because it is really good. And also a classic. Though I seriously need to read more classics.


If you could be best friends with any character, which one would you pick?

I would definitely be best friends with Verity from Code Name Verity, just because she's also one of my favorite characters. 


Create a soundtrack to your favorite book.

A soundtrack? Well this is hard. I'm not really good at these things because I never pay attention to song lyrics. Here's three songs to go along with The Book Thief

  • Full Circle by Half Moon Run
  • You Know Where to Find Me by Imogen Heap
  • Nothing Left to Say by Imagine Dragons


What books do you want to be made into movies?

I seriously want The Raven Boys to be made into a super good, well casted movie, and also Daughter of Smoke and Bone. THOSE WOULD BE AWESOME.


What book were you most disappointed in when it was turned into a movie?

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. I haven't even watched it but I know.



If you had the chance to tell a book character that you hated them, who would you choose. List 3 reasons why.

Meghan Chase from the Iron Fey series. Because she is an idiot, and she didn't choose the perfect, amazing, hilarious, Puck in that stupid love triangle. And also she makes stupid decisions.


If you had the chance to tell a book character that you loved them, who would you choose. List 3 reasons why.

Noah, because I really don't want him to disappear or die since I have a really bad feeling about what will happen to him, and because he's adorable, and I LOVE HIM. There ya go.


Does anyone in "the real world" remind you of a character in a book?

No, not really. I do a really good job of separating book reality and real reality. 


Who do you pity most in the book you're reading currently?

I'm currently reading Mistborn, and I pity no one! Of course, the Sanderson avalanches haven't happened yet, so I don't know what to expect when it comes to bad things, which will stress me out.


If you had to choose between living as a faerie or a wizard, which would you choose?

Wizard, wizard, wizard. Because, faerie just sounds too flimsy. And not powerful, though they probably can be like in The Falconer.


Love story, action-packed, or a soulful story?

ALL THREE HAHAHAH. But if I had to choose, I would choose an action-packed story.


I can't believe it, but I answered all 40 questions. Wow. SO PROUD OF MYSELF HAHA. Anyways, here are my tags and then also my questions. I don't think I'll be tagging 10 people, well you know what, I will. Also if anyone else that I didn't tag want to do this, feel free to answer my q's anyways.

Bloggers I'm Tagging:

3. Kayla @ The Thousand Lives
5. Jillian @ Jillian's Books
7. Faye, Aimee, or/and Rashika @ The Social Potato - Yeah that's right. Bam.
9. Melanie, Larissa, or/and Celine @ YA Midnight Reads
10. Abby @ Enthralling Reads

The 10 Questions:

1. Who's your favorite character in the book you are currently reading?
2. Do you have a specific genre that you love to read?
3. Which book got you into the world of reading?
4. What's you favorite quote from a book? And which book is it from?
5. What is the highest number of books you've read in a month? In a year?  
6. What is your favorite food to snack on while reading?
7. Do you have a pet? Give us a picture if you can!
8. What has been the most stressful book you've ever read?
9. Did you have a favorite picture book when you were younger? (or now?)
10. RIDDLE TIME: What room has no windows, no ceilings, or no doors? 
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.