Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #20

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Characters I Would Want With Me On A Deserted Island

Ok, so I could either base this off of hotness factor, characters that are more likely to survive, or just ones that are plain awesome and adorable. I've read a decent amount of books since summer began, so I think I will have an easy time coming up with a list.

survivalists

These two options are fairly obvious, because I need some way to survive on a deserted island. And since Katsa from Graceling and Katniss from The Hunger Games know how to do just that, I don't think I'll starve with them. Plus they basically have the same name. And they're badass

best friends

So basically, I also want a couple of characters that I can be friends with. Oh, and also gush over their adorable-ness. Because I don't think I'll be able to survive with someone cute to play with.

First we have Queenie/Verity from Code Name Verity. Yes, I know, I know, but I don't care! This is my fantasy world and if I want her on my deserted island she will be on my deserted island! 

Then there's Liesel from The Book Thief, because who else would I talk about books with? Definitely this girl. Though I might just bring Rudy along too because THOSE TWO ARE SO CUTE. Ugh my feels.

And yes, Budo from Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend. I know many people don't know this book doesn't exist, but I urge you to check it out. It's about a boy, his amazing imaginary friend Budo, and a kidnapping. Yes that's right, you heard right. This isn't your ordinary family tale. Oh no.

magic users

So Hermione from Harry Potter is the brightest witch of her age, so she probably has a couple of spells up her sleeves that deal with surviving and stuff. She could bring one of those pop-up tents that are bigger on the inside than on the outside!

Lirael from Lirael (Abhorsen #2). You know, just in case there are any undead lying around. And plus she's just awesome. And comes with the Disreputable Dog!

and then, THE HOTNESS

Siiiiiigh, Puck from The Iron King, just because he's so hilarious and will cheer anyone up from our "bleak" situation. 

And HAHAHAHHA The Darkling from Shadow and Bone. Wow I wonder how this would work on a deserted island. I think he would be more pissed than anything else, but it would be entertaining.

OH, and Morpheus from Splintered, just because HE HAS WINGS and IS A MOTH, and gah.

I just noticed that the three guys I've combined together are on different sides. Puck is supposed to be on the good side in The Iron King, then there's the Darkling and "his evilness", and then Morpheus is just neutral, because he hasn't exactly redeemed himself yet. Hmm, I think Puck and Morpheus would get along though. Wow, I would love to see some fanfiction on this.

Honestly, there should be fanfiction involved all of these characters together. That would be great.

What do you think? Anyone else you would add to the list? Link up your TTTs below!

28 comments:

  1. I love Hermione, Katniss, and Liesel Meminger! :D This is such a great list! I've been considering having Code Name Verity the next book to read next, but I'm still doubtful. Great choice of characters!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Jillian! And you SHOULD NOT BE DOUBTFUL! I definitely recommend it and even though the beginning is a little slow, POWER THROUGHHHHHH.

      Delete
  2. Of course the hot guys shouldn't be missed out! I am so elated to know Puck made it to your list! I absolutely like his funny and quirly character (and he's really underrated.) I seriously need to start The Graceling. I heard so many good things about the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or course they shouldn't! Though truthfully I haven't read many books that had swoon-worthy guys. And Puck IS FREAKING AWESOME! And Graceling is pretty good, I think you'll like it!

      Delete
  3. You have Morpheus on your island?? CAN I COME LIVE ON IT AND NEVER EVER LEAVE? Also, Queenie and Leisel. EPIC choices. But I just finished The Book Thief so...can...can I just cry forever? I knew how the jolly thing was ending and yet I'm STILL devastated. *cries desperately* KISS ME HARDY AND RUDY. Those books have a lot in common, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES CAIT COME LIVE WITH US! I know I'm sorry you finished the Book Thief. But on my island, these things don't matter. Same with CNV. Boo to sad endings

      Delete
  4. Katsa's a great choice! I forgot about her. Yessss the Darkling ;) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right in the middle of Code Name Verity, but agree that Julie/Queenie/Verity seems like a solid choice. But I'm leaning towards the fact that it's probably not a happy ending for her, so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it don't worry about it don't worry about ittttt.......argh....I like to pretend it's a happy ending

      Delete
  6. Great list!

    I almost included Liesel and Hermione, but thought it would be cruel to have two children on an island. Obviously I was taking this list way too seriously! I did include a witch on my list as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cruel? Cruel???? We have Katniss and Katsa what could probably go wrong? Oh wait there's the Darkling. Wow I should've thought this through when I put the list together.

      Delete
  7. Great list.
    Love that you included Liesel so that you can discuss books, I so need to read The Book Thief!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do need to read the Book Thief! Haha!

      Delete
  8. OMG, I would not want to be stranded on an island with The Darkling, especially if he was POed! At least you got a couple of assassins who would hopefully be on your side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I obviously didn't think it through, I'm hoping he either helps us or just leaves us alone.

      Delete
  9. I am so not team Darkling or Morpheau, so you definitely can have them! I will take their good guys instead ;)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Katniss and Katsa on my list, too. I feel like those two would manage to get any number of people safe on an island. Which is good, because I have a bare minimum when it comes to survival skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, my survival skills are close to none

      Delete
  11. While I was never a huge Darkling fan, I would pay to see him on an island! I think that would be too funny. And definitely Katniss for survival! You have a very well rounded list, I think you'd do quite well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WOULD PAY TOO. It would be absolutely hilarious! And I hope I do well, unless I'm killed in the process

      Delete
  12. This reminds me of how much I need to get to Graceling -- and STAT! So many of my friends have been raving about it, and I don't think I've read a single good YA fantasy book this year (though I will be, since I'll hopefully be starting Ruin & Rising soon), so I'm looking forward to changing that. Also, kickass heroines are kind of my one true love. <3 And yess to Katniss! The only reason I didn't include her on my list was because I knew plenty of others would be doing that, and because Legoas is equally as talented. Plus, he's hot. HAHA.

    Now you've got me all curious about Queenie and what makes her such good best-friend material. Need to read this soon, too! Liesl would definitely be a great person to talk books with. :D And I could spend aaaalll day braiding her hair because it's just. so. pretty. I want hair like that!

    I was really conflicted between Harry and Hermione, but decided to go with Harry instead because Hermy would probably bore my socks off with all her nagging. It would be nice to have her as a magical tutor though, because let's face it, Harry probably wouldn't be able to teach me shit. xD And yeah, it would be so cool to live in those magical tents!

    I've only read about Puck in The Iron Fey's spin-off series (Call of the Forgotten), but I love him already! He's wit and playfulness just draws me in so much. I really do need to check out the main series so I can see him in all his attractive glory, haha. I actually don't know what I'd do if the Darkling was on my deserted island, even though I had him on my list. I just found him so incredibly sexy in S&B that I HAD to put him there, but I don't actually know what he'd do. I guess it would be pretty entertaining. ;D

    Fanfiction -- YES. I would so read this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, yes you should read Graceling. And then tell me what you think about it! And kickass heroines are awesome, as long as they aren't whiny. This is why I need to read Throne of Glass now. And I eny your choice of Legolas. ENVY

      GO READ CODE NAME VERITY. OKTHXBAI

      Ahaha I was also conflicted, but then I was like wait, Harry is just mediocre at spells. Hermione probably knows what she's doing. I hope. But then again I don't see her getting along well with Katniss. Or Katsa. Or anyone. Maybe Liesel

      THERE'S A FEY SPIN-OFF SERIES??????

      The fact is, characters on an island, from any top ten list, would be entertaining. Honestly. There DOES NEED to be a fanfiction on this.

      Delete
  13. Haha, I definitely would want Katniss on my team. I mean, she's so practical, you know? She can see the uses of that leaf, or that dirt, or that coconut, or that rock over there, and make some pretty neat tricks out of them. Which is absolutely not my thing because the person I am, I'm like, "Oh, we have a soy sauce stain on the couch? One sec, lemme google a way to take it off!" Yup, so "efficient" that's what I am.

    And of course, Hermione. There are times Katniss can't do everything, and that's were some real magic comes handy. Plus, she's intelligent. If I'm going to be in a deserted island, I want to be with someone who won't be boring!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's what exactly I was thinking. I WOULDN'T SURVIVE WITHOUT HER. Lol and at least you google a way. I probably would just LEAVE IT THERE until the last minute and be like "wait that needs to come off", and then use laundry detergent or something stupid to rub it off with.

      And I definitely think I'll need real magic for comfort. And if it doesn't work, WELL THEN MAGIC.

      Delete
  14. Ewww, there is something like a hot moth? I’ve never read Splintered, so that sounds rather weird! :D

    Having just read The Book Thief, I gotta agree with you that Liesel would make for a wonderful companion on a deserted island. I guess Katniss is the obvious choice, I would then drag along all the Weasleys and some other wizards, as well as Mr. Darcy, who’d provide for the adorableness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently yep, a hot moth. It's okay he can transform into a person WITH WINGS too. MAGIC.

      Honestly I wish I didn't have to pick JUST TEN. Haha. But Katniss is a MUST

      Delete

I absolutely love receiving comments, checking out new blogs, and replying back, either here or on your own blog :3

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.