Thursday, July 17, 2014

My Author Auto-Read List, Since I'm too Broke to Buy My Own Books


Hellllo! So basically, I was tagged by the awesome Megan @ Adrift on Vulcan, to list out the authors I auto-buy books from. Unfortunately, since I'm a broke college student, and rarely buy books unless it's on impulse, I usually just borrow it from the library, or from a friend. Therefore, I've decided to tweak this a bit, and focus more on the books I've read and want to read, rather than the ones I own or will buy.

Sorry if I've stepped on anyone's toes because of this, but oh well. SUCK IT UP. Just kidding, just kidding. I took it too far.

To be honest, I don't usually read a ton of books by the same author all in one go. Like I do with series, I usually wait awhile before actually picking up another one of their books. But they're definitely on the TBR list!



First off, is definitely Rainbow Rowell. I've actually read all of her books, except for Landline, because it's new. Though I currently have a hold on it at the library. I don't know why I love her books so much, maybe it's because they all take place in different time periods, and also focus a little on romance but not too much. Either way, I'm super duper excited to read Landline!



Then there's obviously J.K. Rowling, who is a queen for writing Harry Potter. And that's why I was kind of excited about the Casual Vacancy. Sadly I was disappointed, but I'll still read anything by her, though I haven't touched her mystery books yet.



Only have Laini Taylor on this list because the first series I got addicted to was Daughter of Smoke & Bone. Even though I haven't finish Dreams of Gods & Monsters (picking that up at the library tomorrow), I know it's going to be awesome. And I'll definitely read any other series or books by her.



And why wouldn't John Green be on this list? Even though I've only read two books of his, he has enough hype surrounding him for me to pick up more of his books. Truth is, I read TFIOS and Looking for Alaska, and while I loved TFIOS, I didn't care much for the latter one. Still eager to try Paper Towns though!



Books by Meg Cabot are my young adult/teen guilty pleasure. I've read so many of her books, including my faves, The Mediator series and also 1-800-Where-R-U. Seriously, if you haven't checked those out, do so NOW. I tried reading some of her latest work, but I just can't get into it. But either way, I'm likely to pick up her books again, just because they're so fun.


And that's all from me! I guess I should be tagging people now, right? Obviously anyone can join in on the fun, but here are my official tags:

Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination
Cait @ The Notebook Sisters
Emily @ Follow the Yellow Brick Road
Rinn @ Rinn Reads
Jillian @ Jillian's Book Blog
Nobody @ The Story Goes...

Honestly I tried to tag as many people as I could think of at the moment (that also are more likely to see this post). And also I know some people don't participate in tags, but I don't know these things so please don't blame me thanks! Haha.

Let me know your auto-buy or read authors! Feel free to participate in the tag as well :D

10 comments:

  1. I also auto-buy books from J.K. Rowling and John Green and sometimes Rainbow Rowell. Haha. Wow thanks for the tag, I'll be doing this post for tomorrow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely auto buy Laini Taylor and John Green books! Not so much J.K. Rowling, like I love Harry Potter(I have a Harry Potter inspired tattoo), but I know that I would be disappointed by her other books which is unfair to the author but at the moment I don't want to even try reading her newer stuff. I also love Rainbow Rowell but I feel like since I've only read Fangirl I can't claim to auto buy(or read) her books.
    Thanks for tagging me! I will definitely do this this week sometime. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to read more of Laini Taylor's, because I know she has other books out besides the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. And I also loved Harry Potter, but the Casual Vacancy was....well horrible. And I don't think I'll get to reading her newer stuff until much later. AND YAY FANGIRL :D

      Delete
  3. Aw, thanks for tagging me. xD I did a post on this not too long ago (well, okay, it was probably the beginning of the year, but still...it hasn't changed much.) so not sure if I'll be able to squeeze it in again. >_< BUT THANKS ANYWAY. OH. So mine are pretty similar, except top of my list is Maggie Stiefvater, and I wouldn't have Meg Cabot on my list because I haven't read anything by her. :( I'm bad. Oh wait, I haven't read anything by Laini Taylor either. So scrap all that. My list would be different. XD

    But yesss to Rainbow Rowell and John Green. And YES to JK Rowling. I'd have Marissa Meyer and Veronica Roth on my list too, ohhh and probably Patric Ness. Basically a lot of authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I knew you would put Maggie Stiefvater (ugh the spelling) on your list hahah. I would have Marissa Meyer and Patrick Ness, except I haven't read EITHER yet, except Cinder but that's one book. But I would definitely buy/read their books SOON. There's no doubt about that!

      Delete
  4. You should definitely give J.K Rowling's mysteries a go. I enjoyed The Cuckoo's Calling a lot more than The Casual Vacancy.

    My auto-read authors would probably be...Ally Carter, J.K. Rowling (obviously!), C.S. Harris and maybe Maria V. Synder. These authors aren't all my very favourites, but they always turn out consistently enjoyable work.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo ok if you say so hahah! They're definitely on my TBR list, I just haven't had the time to read them yet. I think I have The Cuckoo's Calling on my kindle though!

      Delete
  5. Can't believe I missed this post when I visited your blog a couple of days ago -- ugh! But yay, thanks for getting to it so quickly. :D

    1. Rainbow Rowell: I have to admit that I've never read anything by her, but I REALLY want to because those covers are gorgeous, and I've heard nothing but amazing things for all of her books, too! And now to hear that you, a fellow sci-fi lover, love her books as well? NEED. Also, did I mention that I love the covers? I just want to spend all my money on illustrated covers. <3

    2. J.K. Rowling: Aw, I'm disappointed that you didn't like The Casual Vacancy, though I guess it's understandable. I haven't read it yet, but plan to soon since I already have the book, so fingers crossed I'll enjoy it more than you (though I doubt it, lol). I hope she writes another MG/YA series, though. I'd definitely give that one a try, no questions asked.

    3. Laini Taylor: Wow, it's awesome that the first YA series you loved was DoS&B! Mine was HP, and then Percy Jackson, so I have a pretty cliche history with YA books, haha. Anyway, I'm again hoping to get to Days of Blood and Starlight soon; even though I can't remember much about Smoke & Bone, I do remember enjoying it immensely. And the covers are beautiful, too.

    4. John Green: To be honest, I doubt I'll read anything else by this guy, since I read TFiOS and it was nothing spectacular even if it made me cry. I know I'm in the minority though -- he has such a huge fanbase -- but I haven't been hearing that much great things for his other books so I'm a bit iffy about him. But if you do check out other books of his, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on them!

    Thanks for sharing, Val!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah it's ok! (as usual, I'm no good with responding to comments either)

      Rainbow Rowell's covers ARE GORGEOUS. They're like, kind of minimalistic, but then nicely done at the same time. And yes I do like her books (Fangirl the most, Attachments, eh), but I'll still read anything by her. And oh pshh, you're calling me a sci-fi lover? I don't think I qualify just yet. I've only read, like a couple sci-fi books. I loooooooove my sci-fi video games though. Ok I'm done being a nerd.

      I really....didn't like it. There's nothing much I can say about it. Well I could rant about it FOR PAGES. And my book club, we have a thing to never speak about it again.

      Well, I think HP was definitely my first YA series, BUT I READ THAT WHILE I WAS IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOl, so I'm not sure that counts? But ya, DoS&B was my first YA read since middle school, so I count that as a first. (And I read it as a freshman in college)

      No no you're not in the minority. I've only read TFIOS and Looking for Alaska (which didn't pull on any of my heartstrings). I have to give Paper Towns a try, and then I'll decide if I actually like him or not. I just have him on my list, just because, idk, I'm not big on reading a lot of books by a certain author ahahaha. Except Rainbow Rowell. I don't know why her, just because. I'M FULL OF MYSTERY!

      Thanks for the comment Megan! And the tag <3 :D

      Delete

I absolutely love receiving comments, checking out new blogs, and replying back, either here or on your own blog :3

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.