Saturday, July 12, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #5


Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

I will also be linking up with The Sunday Post, which is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, just because I want to try this meme out! This features a recap of my week, and also interesting posts around the blogosphere.

From the Library:

The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes - HEY LOOK WHAT I FOUND AT THE LIB! I'm going to give it a try, seeing that there's a bajillion reviews around the bloggysphere.

Earth Star by Janet Edwards - I did finished reading Earth Girl last week, though the font is small again. These titles are starting to remind of Stargirl. Ha.

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa - I actually read The Iron King, the first book in the Iron Fey series, last year. I'm pretty sure I know what's going on, but if I don't, well then. Oh well. I did like the first book though. I just need to actually finish at least one series in my life.

Splintered by A. G. Howard - Thanks Cait @ The Notebook Sisters for getting me hyped about this one. So here's another series I've decided to start. The real question is whether I'll finish it. Dun dun.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz - Now that's a mouthful. 
 
e-ARCs:

Thank you so much Netgalley and Orbit! I've been dying to read The Girl With All the Gifts this entire summer! Now I don't have to wait in line to get it from the library!

And also, I got approved for Salt and Storm. Thanks Little, Brown Books and Netgalley! I also like how the email started with "Ask and you shall receive!" Haha.

Weekly Recap:

Monday: I reviewed Eon: Dragoneye Reborn, which I absolutely loved! It just, augh, I don't know what to say I still have feels over it. It was amaz (omg I'm using slang from Earth Girl someone please help me) 

Tuesday: I ended up sharing most of my blogging confessions for Top Ten Tuesday. *sigh*

Wednesday: I finished reading The Girl With All the Gifts, which is not your average zombie story!

Thursday: Discussion on how to prepare for book signings! If you have any experience that you would like to share, please do! Because a lot of us bloggers have no idea about the specifics (including me!)

Friday: Nothing :D haha

News from the Bloggysphere!


Cait @ The Notebook Sisters discusses how she found her name in a book, and wants to know about how you feel when a character shares your name.

Asti @ Oh, The Books! shares why she thinks running a book blog is worth the time and effort.

Jeann @ Happy Indulgence reviews the first episode of the new Sailor Moon!

In which Amy @ Ode to Jo & Katniss asks us how blogging has changed our reading habits.

The first Potato Podcast from the Social Potato!!

Other Fun Links:

Kids are given the original gameboy, and here are their reactions - This was my thing back in the day! I used to get so jealous of people that owned Gameboys, until I got my own SP.

This Japanese Doctor Who parody that I found, like wut, hahaha.

My Super Awesome Life :D

GUYS! I actually officially officially have a house now for the next school year! After months of searching and not finding one that leased til August, IT'S OVER! It's even on the same exact street that we wanted it to be on in the first place!

And now I'm super excited to start moving in! Ahhhh it's going to be great!

22 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to pick up The Art of Lainey. It looks so cute! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just finished The Art of Lainey and it was pretty good!

      Delete
  2. You got some great books this week. I hope you love all your new reads.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading them all!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Splintered!!! New GFC follower since you have excellent taste in books :)

    I hope you love all your new acquisitions.

    Check out my StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! And I'm reading Splintered right now!

      Delete
  4. Awwww, you linked our Podcast! THANK YOU SO MUCH, LOVELY! In any case, you're so lucky to be approved by Little, Brown. Dude, I always get declined by them each and every time. It can become discouraging... I always comfort myself with the thought it's just because I live in the Philippines. HAHA!

    In any case, I'm so happy you finally got that book GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS. I remember you telling me that there was a long line for this one in the library (you were the 12th, I think?). I have a very positive feeling you'll be loving this one... A LOT. Especially if you like deep stories.

    Now you have Earth Star... hahaha! I can't wait to see what you think of it! I'm wondering if we'll be having the same opinion or you'll end up loving it :P

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO PROBLEM FAYE <3

      Yeah, it might be a territory rights thing, though I don't remember seeing their books for US only, hmmm. Oh well. And yeah by the time I cancelled The Girl With All the Gifts, I'm pretty sure I was 7th in line with only 5 copies. I would've had to wait 3 more weeks I think.

      And ugh, Earth Star. I do want to read it, but I'm really turned off by the small font. Oh well.

      Delete
  5. Ooh nice haul! I need to read the Iron Fey series. I wasn't a fan of the first book, but perhaps it gets better. Salt and Storm sounds good too :) Enjoy your books!

    Rachel @A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I barely remember the first book. I just thought it was ok, I think I rated it 3 stars. But I'm trying to finish series that I've started, so this is first on my list. Plus it was the only sequel in a series that was available at the library. Wah.

      Delete
  6. Such a nice bunch of books! I am so excited to read The Art of Lainey, everyone just raves about it. I also really want to read Aristotle and Dante, and The Girl With All the Gifts. And the email from Salt & Storm is cute :) And yay for finding a house- that was always such a trauma! Hope the move in process goes well, and enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! Definitely glad that my trauma is now over haha!

      Delete
  7. ZOMG YOU HAVE SPLINTERED. DID YOU KNOW IT'S THE BEST OF EVER? WELL IT IS. (I know I hardly EVER talk about it...soooo, it'd be hard to know if I like it, right? RIGHT?!) OMG YOU MUST LOVE IT. *waves scarily pointy sticky at you* Or else I'll come after you. Haha. Just kidding. I wouldn't be mean. *lays down pointy stick* I'll still talk to you if you hate it. OH but Aristotle & Dante is also awesome. I've gotten the title down to A&D and that's a lot better. Easier. The real thing is a mouthful alright. x)

    YAY FOR A HOUSE! That is also epically good news! I'm glad you are not sleeping in the street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I JUST FINISHED IT AND YES IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME. I actually need the second book now.

      Delete
  8. I've been going through housing problems for uni too, and I'M SO GLAD YOU FOUND SOMEWHERE! I know the exact feelings of worry and panic, ugh :(

    Now you can look forward to everything that's yet to come, with a great weight lifted off your shoulders :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES it's great having a place to live hahaha

      Delete
  9. Great haul, love that you hit up the library! I see that you also have Julie Kagawa on your list this week, maybe I should go to the library and get her books and read them in order.

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should! Well I can't say much because I've only read one book by her. But ever since I saw her newest book Talon all across the internets, I've been determined to at least finish the Iron Fey series.

      Delete
  10. Great haul this week! I've heard good things about Julie Kagawa but I don't think I've ever read any of her books. Congrats on finding a house for the time period you want in the area you want! That's got to be a huge relief. Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've only read one book by her as well. We'll see how the second one goes!
      Thanks!

      Delete
  11. Great haul, I see Splintered. Have heard great things about that one.
    Hope you'll enjoy reading these books!

    My new pretties :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeep! You don't finish a series? :o

    WE GOTTA FIX THAT. Read If I Stay, then Where She Went. 2 books. Shouldn't be hard, XD

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving comments, checking out new blogs, and replying back, either here or on your own blog :3

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.