Friday, October 21, 2016

Want To Know About Boarding School? (A Resource)

Where I had fun with Freepik Designs

Hey guys! Today, I want to talk about my past experience with *drumroll please* boarding school! Not many people know I attending boarding school for high school, and even now it’s such a weird topic to talk about because it was such a long time ago. But my main motivation for bringing it up now is 1) the portrayal of boarding schools in YA and 2) I have a whole Tumblr dedicated to people asking about my boarding school experience.

Let’s start with the basics. Why did I go to boarding school?
1. Swimming

And that’s basically it. Did I end up swimming? Well yes, I did. I spent more than half of my time in the pool, which I half regret and half do not because it kept me in shape I suppose. Even though I would never go back and redo high school again, I really enjoyed my time at boarding school. I made a lot of amazing friends, some I am still in touch with today.

Now, you may be wondering, what is it like at boarding school? Well I have all the answers for you. In fact, I have a whole Tumblr page dedicating to answering asks about it. This page, called Boarding School 101, was created years back with my best friend, who was my roommate while I was there.


We get a lot of questions from students wanting to attend boarding school, as you can see from just visiting the site. So many, that I ended up categorizing and tagging the asks. I also even have a separate page of photos of the boarding school my friend and I attended. Both authors and writers in the past few years have actually asked us questions about boarding school, which is why I am blogging about it here! I feel like there is a lot of good (and miscellaneous) information from all these questions, and our answers of course.

That's pretty much all I wanted to say! Feel free to check out the Tumblr if you're interesting in boarding school at all! Whether it's just for fun, or you're writing about it. Of course, not every experience is the same, but I think overall my experience is pretty similar to others!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.