Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #97

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!

Top Ten Scary Books I Will Most Likely Avoid


Let's be honest, I am not at all a fan of spooky or creepy books. Why? Because that is not how I roll at all. Nevertheless, I will compile a list of books that I have seen floating around. Not that I'll read them.

I mean, unless you really want me to read them because they are THAT good, then I will consider it.


The Dead House came to mind because I now have a bookmark of it. I love said bookmark, but I don't think I would ever pick up the book. #sorrynotsorry.

The same author also wrote And The Trees Crept In, otherwise known as The Creeper Man, which to me sounds much more scarier. I actually have this book, but I'm not exactly sure if I'll have the guts to read it.

I was just reading the synopsis of Shutter, and I caught the fact that the main character is a tetrachromat. And I'm like, isn't that when you have four cones rather than three cones (in your retina?). But sure, I guess that includes auras of the undead. Anyways, I think I would actually read this. Maybe get an ebook of it or something.

I will most likely be reading Stalking Jack The Ripper at some point! Seeing as it doesn't seem too creepy compared to the others here. How bad can it be? Am I right? Right?

Okay Daughters Unto Devils looks creepy. Too creepy. Doesn't the girl on the cover reminds you of the girl from the ring? And basically any other creepy looking girl from any scary movie? Because no thank you. Bye.

Oh and speaking of the ring, how about The Girl From The Well. I remember reading reviews of this and being like "never in a thousand years, nopity nope nope."

I've heard of Of Metal And Wishes, and honestly I don't know. It doesn't sound like my kind of novel, yet I have heard bloggers rave about it.

And the cover for The Women In The Walls looks creepy enough, don't you think. Unfortunately I haven't heard the greatest things about this book, so even if I was all for horror, I will probably pass on this one!

Last Seen Leaving isn't exactly horror (Which I CLEARLY MENTIONED JOEY), but I think I would still count it as creepy and spooky. And not my type of book. I tend to keep away from thrillers as well, especially YA thriller. I haven't had much luck in that category, and I'm not sure if it's because I genuinely don't like them, or they're just bad.

Saw We'll Never Be Apart at Shannon's house this weekend, on her bookshelf, and no thank you I will gladly "be apart". Because I don't even care or know what it's about. Creepy trees? Maybe. Ugh.


Do you love reading thrillers or horror? Or no? How do you feel about Halloween coming up?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.