Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #95

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!

Top Ten "Why I Read What I Read" Books

I just word vomited out that title.

Why do I read the books I read? Well, mainly because of you guys. And media. And I just cannot pick for myself anymore.



Weeks and months of telling Amber I'll read Because You'll Never Meet Me someday, I finally did it! Last month too! And I absolutely loved it. I actually have a whole list of recommendations from some of my favorites, because if I forget for one second I'll get yelled at.

Before becoming a book blogger, I joined a couple of groups on Goodreads. I asked about book recommendations that had not much romance but included magic, and I got Sabriel! It's now one of my favorite books, and I'm currently on the last book in the trilogy (as a reread), because Goldenhand is coming out soon!

I meant to read The Knife of Never Letting Go during The Bookish Games, but I did not. But then I read it during the summer and now all is good! Except my heart.

My ex-housemate brought Stitches home with her. It's a graphic novel that was assigned for her class. I read it. I don't remember what I read, but I read it.

Shannon recommended The Memory Book to me! Which was a perfect fit because it's a young adult version of Still Alice basically. 

It's no surprise that I read everything that has to do with WWII, but I had never read The Diary of a Young Girl. That is, until Ely @ Tea & Titles forced me to. My heart is also still broken from that. 

Here's another book Shannon raves about. Denton Little's Deathdate. I will never not pronounce it and type it as Denton's Little Deathdate. I am sorry.

I would have NOT read The Way of Kings if Faye @ The Social Potato didn't host a readalong for it. With Twitter discussions. That now that I think back on it, were super spoiler-y to everyone. But no one really cared haha.

I literally found the description of Dragon's Bait on Tumblr. I had to search through all the notes to find the title of the book, because I NEEDED it in my life. It turned out to be a very good children's book. And a good break from college.

Yeah. I read A Court of Thorns and Roses because of all the drama around it. I'll get to the sequel one day.


Do you have any recommendations for me? List your favorites below!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.