Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #28

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

Top Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want to Visit

Oh this is a really original topic! I like it! Anyways, there are so many fantasy worlds I would love to visit, just because, well duh, they're awesome! And of course, some are better than others. But then there are also real life places I would love to visit because of books. Though I might not have a lot of them on my list, at least I tried! 


The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente - I actually would love to be in Fairyland! I mean, it seems that September was able to get through without hurting herself. 

Elantris by Brandon Sanderson - I actually prefer the world of Elantris over the Stormlight Archives, even though I know they are in the same universe. Well, at least Elantris itself in the earlier days, where Aons still work and Elantris is a land of "gods", not the part where everyone is half dead. Nope.

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - I would be super surprised if everyone doesn't have this on their lists! Although I've been to the Harry Potter World in Universal, I really want the real world to exist! To be sorted, take classes, practice magic! I'm Gryffindor by the way, haha.



Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor - Actually, I'm not talking about the Eretz, but just Prague itself! Having the story take place in Prague in Europe actually made me want to go visit it, rather than the fantasy world counterpart. I mean, who wouldn't want to eat at the Poison Kitchen!

Earth Girl by Janet Edwards - I'm going to cheat here and say that I'm gonna be able to use the portals they have all over the galaxy (some Earthens can't get off Earth). So yeah. BUT TELEPORTATION. Basically. Though to other galaxies and planets too (even though everyone is human). This world skipped the whole warp speed phase haha. And then all the landmarks on Earth were wiped off, but that's okay, right?

Cinder by Marissa Meyer - NEW BEIJING LETS GO. Wait. I don't want to get letumosis. BUT SHIPS! ANDROIDS! YES! Oh I'm also not a huge fan of Lunars destroying Earth, but you know, the idea of visiting sounds cool!

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - Okay, so we don't actually get to know about the rest of the world, since This Shattered World hasn't been released yet, BUT SPACE. And huge ships! I'm a sucker for sci-fi space travel worlds.




The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes - So I'm not sure if the town itself is real, but Hazelton is seriously everything I've wanted in my own town, with a torture pancake house, and a teen dance club. So I guess it isn't really a place I would want to visit, but a cool place to live! 

Splintered by A. G. Howard - So there's no way I would survive this trip, but I would love to visit Wonderland. Sure it'll be super creepy, but there has to be one world on this list that will kill me.

The Mediator by Meg Cabot - MY FAVORITE SERIES. And also I've always wanted to sunny L.A. (or was it L.A.? I don't even remember, all I know is that it was in California) because of where Suze goes to school. Like seriously, they mention the beach all the time, and I'm here sitting in the cold. I've never been to California, and I want to go.


I've changed my mind, this was a really hard topic. There are so many awesome places that authors have come up with, but then there's the whole dystopian thing going on (like the Hunger Games), or war (The Book Thief), that I just don't want to deal with that, and it hasn't made me want to visit the place at all. 

Oh. And Dangerous Girls. I would've loved to go to Aruba. But nope. Not anymore. Nopity nope. I do not want to get stuck outside of the US. Or get involved with the law regarding homicide. Nope.

Though I've been to Germany twice, and loved it! But it wasn't The Book Thief that inspired me haha!

Anyways. I can't wait to check out your TTTs, because this was pretty hard!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.