Saturday, October 11, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #12


Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

This week, I got a huge pile of books ready to be read, and I have no idea if I'll be able to get to all of them. BUT STILL. I have them and they are mine, except for the library books.



I actually finally, finally, FINALLY bought Throne of Glass from Amazon like I said I was going to, a month ago. 

And then the next book on my must-buy list was Anna and the French Kiss, which is why I also bought a copy of that as well. SO YES.

Then there's this beautiful hardcover, Cress, which I will be buddy reading with Holly @ Part of Your World, because we are both awesome. And also I finished Scarlet, so good thing I have this!

And with the release of the paperback of The Dream Thieves, I bought that as well!


My book club book for the month is I Am The Messenger, who is by the same author that wrote The Book Thief! So I'm expecting awesomeness.

And I could not help myself in the library, and also picked up Parallel as well. This has been on my TBR for so long and I can finally read it now! 


I also discovered the beautiful-ness of the online, digital library, which apparently is also linked to Amazon. Basically, the library I'm with now not only has a huge YA collection in print, but also online as well! And I can send them to my Kindle, which I didn't know I could do!

So because of that, I borrowed The Falconer from the library. 

Also, apparently there are books on hold online as well, which doesn't make sense because it's an ebook? I just don't understand why it's like that, but I'll request something and see what happens. 


GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS I GOT APPROVED FOR BLUE LILY, LILY BLUE!

I honestly don't know how this happened, but good thing I bought The Dream Thieves off Amazon, because I had no idea this was going to happen? In any case, thank you Scholastic for sending me Blue Lily, Lily Blue!


I have a dog.

I've never had a dog before.


Well, it's not my dog personally, but me and my roommates somehow scored a doggy! Here's the story. The dog we are getting was found by one of my roommate’s mother’s co-workers. It was just sitting there in front of a store, with no lease or tag or anything. When she asked inside the store, a worker said that the dog had been sitting there for hours. In the end, she took the dog home and reported it as lost.

Basically, no one claimed the dog, no one picked up the phone that was left by the tracking chip inside the dog. And although there’s a senile lady saying she knows the dog, she’s also telling two different stories, one in that she gave the dog to her daughter, and the other in that she put the dog down. Even so, she has not claimed it.


So now he's ours! And his name is Ollie! And he is old, but adorable! 

So yeah. AMAZING WEEK. Busy, but it's now Fall Break and I have Monday and Tuesday off! Yay!

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.