Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #27

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


Top Five Books For Readers Who Like Character Driven Novels

This might be a little hard on me, since I haven't read that many books, and truthfully, I can only think of one, maybe two, distinguishable novels that focus on character development. So, I'm just going to be super picky, and just give you the best of the best. 



The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - I can now spell Maggie's last name without looking it up, simply because her characters are always so developed in every way possible. And The Raven Boys is no exception. I am in love with every single character in the series, and I'm happy to say, that I have recently purchased The Dream Thieves. So go me!

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson - There is no way this 1000 page monstrosity doesn't have character development (look at me, double negatives haha). But yeah, Sanderson is not only amazing at world-building, but with characters as well! (You might as well dump every other one of his novels here too, though I haven't read all of them.....yet)

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - Like Sanderson's, all of Rowell's novels also focus on character development as well. And a great example is, of course, Fangirl. 



Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein - I thought about this for two seconds, and I'm already on the verge of crying. But yeah, beautifully written story with beautiful characters that break my heart. 

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by 
Benjamin Alire Sáenz - Yes. This coming of age story is definitely an amazing character driven novel. It's also beautifully written, and everything in this book can be quoted. I am not joking. I loved Ari and Dante, and their families, and Legs the dog.


That's all I have for this week! I know it seems short, but out of all the books I've read so far, these five are definitely the best. The rest I have read also focus on fantasy and plot and action, etc. etc. 

So yeah, there you have it!

Any character driven novels you can recommend? Link up those TTTs please!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.