Saturday, March 8, 2014

Updates!

It's done!


Well, maybe.

If no one has noticed, I've recently decided to change my header and background. And now everything's purple. That wasn't supposed to happen initially but I can deal.

Anyways, I spent a good two hours yesterday drawing the girl laying back on the tree with a book. And then I spend two more hours trying to actually put it on my blog, nicely. Then I randomly added a purple border, and then added a purple background. Aligning images is hard on Blogger. Pain in the butt.

Today, I cleaned up the purple section of the header, and then added CHARACTERS! Poorly drawn ones! Yay. Here's a list of the books/movies being shown:

Harry Potter - Harry Potter Series
Katniss Everdeen - the Hunger Games 
Peter Pan - Disney Movie 
Rapunzel - Tangled
Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters - Fault in Our Stars
Eleanor and Park - Eleanor & Park (edited)
Liesel Meminger - The Book Thief (edited)
Olaf - Frozen (edited)

I really need to add more, but I'm not entirely sure on which characters I should add. I haven't read that many books that have notable characters that many people would know of....so yeah. And plus they should be easy to draw (and recognizable). Like just look at my Katniss, I TRIED. And then I just gave Hazel and Augustus random clothing. Rapunzel was the easiest to draw.

I wanted to add Elsa and Anna or just Olaf from Frozen, but that means I'll be drifting away from books entirely, so I'm not sure. But I probably will leave it like this for a while.

Notes: I used a Wacom Graphire tablet with the very nice Fire Alpaca art program (compatible with mac). Then I used PicMonkey to add the title because I can't write nice letters. 


16 comments:

  1. It looks great! I'm struggling with my blog layout/format and was actually browsing designers and their costs today, so kudos to you for doing it yourself!

    I knew 4 of the characters right away, so I'd say you did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been struggling with my blog format since the day I created it. Good luck on finding a good layout! The only reason I'm doing it myself is because I'm broke :P and thank you!

      Delete
    2. lol I was shocked to see the cost!! I'm trying to do it myself until I feel like my blog has significantly more viewers and the cost is worth it

      Delete
    3. I know I know ;_;
      It's such a bummer. I'm also just going to wait until I have more viewers.

      Delete
    4. I found this girl who does them at a very reasonable price: http://read-a-holicz.blogspot.com/

      But your's looks awesome, I just don't have the patience or talent to figure it out lol

      Delete
    5. Ahhh thank you! I'm probably going to change it in 5-10 years, when I have the money. But for now I'll keep this as my layout :D

      Delete
  2. I've just found out about your blog so I don't know what your old layout looked like, but this new one is definitely cute! LOVE it. Especially that header!

    Btw, I want to pass by saying thanks! (if you don't remember) for commenting on my friend's blog :-) she's not new in this blogging world, but this blog (the one you visited, followed, and commented :http://thefoxxyreviews.blogspot.com/) is a new blog, and she's quite new to the world of reviews. So thanks! for supporting her :-D followed you via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its no problem! I really love anime and video games so I follow everything thats related to that. And I really love the header on my blog!

      Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  3. I really like the new banner - it's colourful, relevant and one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still need to touch up on Hazel and Augustus because I rushed through it, plus I didn't look at the trailer for reference. I'm definitely going to draw at least two more characters this week, I just don't know which ones :P

      Delete
  4. I saw the new header earlier yesterday and absolutely loved it. My ipod was being annoying and I had trouble commenting so now I'm doing it, but yeah, it really does look amazing. I so very much envy your artistic skills, I wish I could draw that well. Great job!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much trouble commenting on other blogs on my phone too, but then I cleared my cookies and history and then it was fine, so maybe thats the problem? Haha but thanks so much! All of my friends are amazing artists, so I had to draw somehow.

      Delete
  5. Really loving the Peter Pan and Harry Potter! I mean, the rest are great also, but those two are in my top fandoms! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Except I realized last night I forgot the glasses on harry, haha. I will add them later :D

      Delete
  6. Oh my hello there deary! Your blog header looks adorable! AHH AND OLAF<--howeveryouspellit!!!<333 I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you drew it yourself! You are so talented! Look at my header…I don't even have one! XD But purple is good too, reminds me of grapes…for some reason…which is a good thing! Grapes are good! I was on a bit of hiatus but I came for today, maybe more during spring break. But I just wanted to pass some of the comment love because you showered me in them and they were all so lovely. <3

    *GLOMPS* and lots of love,
    Delaney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY THANK YOU! You definitely need to update more so I can comment because I love all your posts :3 and yes olaf is how you spell it haha. Yeah I'm definitely going to keep it as purple, I tried adding borders, but I felt like it didn't fit, and it just looks better plain. I don't think I'm gonna add any new characters into summer vacation though :/

      UPDATE OVER SPRING BREAK kthxbai

      Delete

I absolutely love receiving comments, checking out new blogs, and replying back, either here or on your own blog :3

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.