Monday, March 17, 2014

Liebster Award!

I've actually received two nominations, from both Emily at Follow the Yellow Book Road and also from Sofia at Take a Walk on the Write Side. Thank you so much! I feel so special! I'll be answering both sets of questions instead of just one :)


The Liebster Award's purpose is to get recognition to blogs with less than 200 followers. There are some rules:

1) Thank and link back the person who nominated you
2) List eleven facts about yourself
3) Answer the eleven questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
4) Nominate 9 bloggers, who have less than 200 followers (you can't nominate the blog that nominated you)
5) Ask them eleven questions
6) Let them know of their nomination!

11 Facts About Myself

1) I'm half canadian and half chinese. 

2) Right now I'm trying to find a house to live in for my junior year with two of my friends. It's very frustrating and nerve wracking but I think it will work out in the end. 

3) I have no siblings sadly. The closest I have to a sibling is my childhood friend's little sister.

4) I'm not a very good cook

5) I've been to five continents, Europe, Asia, North America, South America, and Africa. I have no idea when I'll go to Australia, but I'm not looking forward to it because of all the scary animals (have you seen some of those monsters?!). And I have no idea how to get to Antarctica. I would just take one step on it and be done.
6) I went to Mercersburg Academy for high school. Now I go to University of Rochester. I'm about to be a junior :)

7) Sadly I've also never owned any pets, and I'm allergic to cats. 

8) I spend most of the time on the computer, either formatting blog posts or on Tumblr. Actually now that I think about it, I spend a lot of my time studying now... 

9) I like pandas and dolphins 

10) I used to be a competitive swimmer, but the sport wore me out, mentally and physically. It's very draining

11) I've played the piano for more than 10 years, but I've stopped taking lessons, and I only play during the summer. 

Emily's Questions

1) If you could meet one book character who would it be and why? Ughhh, this is hard because I haven't decided on a favorite character yet. Maybe Liesel from the Book Thief? Or Harry Potter haha.   

2) How did you pick your blog's name? Story Time! During my freshman year of boarding school, I purposefully bit my prefect for some reason (she was on my back or something), and from then on out, I was known as the "Demon Child". In order to mask my mischievousness and evilness, I came up with the name "Innocent Smiley", which I used for basically everything. That's why this blog is called Innocent Smiley's Reviews, because I'm secretly tricking you guys into thinking I'm innocent.   

3) What is your favorite social media website? Tumblr! :D

4) What is the first book that you remember reading? I'm having a really hard time with this, because I'm not sure? For a chapter book, it's definitely the first Magic Tree House book. For a picture book.....uhhhh....I have no clue.

5) Who is your favorite villain? VOLDEMORT. I haven't encountered many good villains in books 

6) What language(s) do you speak? Mandarin (but I suck), French, and English 

7) What language(s) do you wish you could speak? Japanese!

8) How long have you been blogging for? From December until now

9) How do you decide what to read next? If I recently finished a book, I will choose a book that I recently added to my kindle library. Or a physical book that I recently bought.

10) If you could only recommend one book to people for the rest of your life, which book would it be? The Machine of Death by Ryan North; it's an anthology.

11) If you were an animal, what would you be? A dolphin, because they are awesome! And also my favorite animal :)

Sofia's Questions

1) What's better: ebook or physical copy? Physical copy! They're so shiny looking.

2) What book made you fall in love with reading? The stories of each book. Every time I read, I get pulled into the story and away from reality.  

3) What's your favorite book couple? Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters
4) Do you have any authors whose books you'll read no matter what the premise is? Yes, Rainbow Rowell and Cornelia Funke
5) What's your favorite genre? Fantasy! And also Science fiction :)

6) On what basis do you choose which books to read (do you just read the blurb or do you also read the first chapter? Do you read reviews of it before buying, etc.)? I read the blurb, and then I look at the rating. I've been better at not reading reviews, so that I'm not biased. Also I choose books based on the hype that's surrounding it (which is bad but oh well)

7) What's your favorite season and what do you like about it? I love the spring because I don't get skin problems and it's not humid, but it's still warm. 

8) Do you have any bookish guilty pleasures (books you know are bad but can't help but love, clichéd tropes that you still like, etc.)? No I don't think I do.

9) If you could travel back in time to any historical period, which would it be? To the Egyptian era, whenever that is. I wouldn't want to live there, but definitely want to see what society was like. I'm not sure, I would also just stay in the present, or go to the future.

10) If you could have any superpower, which would you choose? To be able to travel through portals and go to any dimension.

11) Is there a book that you keep meaning to read but that you never get around to? Cinder by Marissa Meyer. It will be read...soon.

My Questions

1) Who is your all-time favorite character?
2) If you could change what happened in any part of one book, which book and what part would it be and why?
3) If you starred in a novel or a book series, what would be your ideal plot/scenario? 
4) What's the most unique book cover you've ever seen? Or do you have a favorite book cover?
5) Pick two of the strongest/most skilled characters you've encountered in your readings. Which one would win in a fight? (For example, Harry Potter vs. Katniss Everdeen)
6) Favorite pairing? 
7) If you could have any character come live with you for a month, who would you choose and why?
8) How do you decide which book to read next? 
9) Do you have any books that you've been embarrassed about reading? 
10) Which two authors would you pair up to write a book? What do you think the book would be about?
11) There is a frog, dead in the middle of an island. If he swims north, the distance to the mainland is 2 metres. If he swims south, the distance to the mainland is 3 metres. If he swims east or west, the distance is 4 metres. Which way does he swim?

My Nominations

Angel @ SpareReads
Monique @ Mo Books
Ashly @ Book 'n' Go

6 comments:

  1. Great answers! It's fun learning about you. Congrats on the double nomination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got nominated twice too! Looks like I'll be answering your set of questions as well, haha. Thanks again for the nomination!
    First of all, yay, us canadians must unite! Also, competitive swimmer? That is super cool. I also think Japanese would be a great language to learn :p
    Oh gawd, watch me have a horrible time answering your questions (*uncreative hanna*) xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I TRIED TO MAKE THEM AS CREATIVE AS POSSIBLE hahaha, because I knew that some might be getting double nominations.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for nominating me Val! *hugs* I will try to get a post together soon-ish hopefully :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post definitely took about two days so take your time Angel!

      Delete

I absolutely love receiving comments, checking out new blogs, and replying back, either here or on your own blog :3

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.