Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #3

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read


This is going to be a tough one because I have read at least one book from a lot of popular authors, but not all of their books. I've only read one book by Rainbow Rowell, and two by John Green, so those are out. And then I'm not sure what it means to be popular, especially since I'm new to the blogging world. 

But I'll give this a try though. I'm going to focus on authors that either have series I've heard about and just never picked up, and authors I constantly see on my blog feed.

  
1. Marissa Meyer - The Lunar Chronicles
I will pick this up sooner or later I just don't know when.


2. Cassandra Clare - The Internal Devices and The Mortal Instruments
I have no idea why I never read City of Bones as a child, I've seen the cover everywhere. And now Clare has another series that I want to read. 


3. Gillian FlynnGone Girl
This book kind of scared me for some reason, but I'll get around to it. It just seems creepy


4. Deborah Harkness - All Souls Trilogy
I literally took this out from my library over the summer, planned to read it, but didn't. It sat on my desk for the three weeks that I had it out.


5. Stephen King11/22/63
The most intimidating book I have ever seen. It's still on my bookshelf.


6. Tahereh Mafi - Shatter Me Series
Heard about this series too. I should probably start it as well.


7. Patrick Ness - A Monster Calls, The Knife of Never Letting Go, and More Than This
I want to read one of his books so bad! They all look so cool, yet scary. Look at that creepy monster on that cover!


8. George Orwell - 1984
I never read Orwell for my high school English classes and I don't know why.


9. Leigh Bardugo - The Grisha Series
Also need to pick this up as well.


10. Rick Riordon - The Lightning Thief and The Lost Hero
AND SURPRISE I NEVER READ THESE. But don't worry, I will take time over the summer to read them all, since they're short.


I know I said that I would have a hard time coming up with a list of ten, but this took me about 5 minutes to come up with. 

I should actually get on with my reading. 

Are there any authors that you haven't read yet? TELL ME!

9 comments:

  1. Great list :)
    We have a few in common, except I've tried The Mortal Instruments a few times and never got past the 1/3 mark :(
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know what the plot is for that series, but I have that feeling I won't finish it either. That's pretty much why I've been avoiding it all this time, throughout my childhood and now.

      Delete
  2. I was just introduced to a few of these authors this year and have LOVED them. I am obsessed with The Lunar Chronicles!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to be obsessed with the Lunar Chronicles too, I can just feel it, and I haven't even read them yet! Thanks for stopping by! I love your blog by the way, and blog name, so original!

      Delete
  3. So many good books on this list that I need to read! I have been meaning to pick up City of Bones and Gone Girl and Cinder for such a long time.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giiirl you need to read something by Cassandra Clare soon!!! I too haven't read anything by Tahereh Mafi and Marissa Meyer and I really want to!

    Thanks for stopping by Val!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! I will! One day! Maybe some time this year :P

      Delete
  5. Marissa Meyer is one I want to read. Stephen King is usually good. Rick Riordan is on my list too. Cassandra Clare is new to me but I have read 2 of her books and like them so far. Here’s my TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I could tell you to read just one author on this list, it would be Marissa Meyer. I held off way too long before I finally read the first three books in the series last month. They were EXCELLENT. The Shatter Me series, on the other hand was a huge disappointment. 11/22/3 is also very good. Hope you get to these soon!

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving comments, checking out new blogs, and replying back, either here or on your own blog :3

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.