Wednesday, February 28, 2018

An Innocent Life #23: February Recap


I feel like this month just came and went so quickly, yet at the same time I AM TIRED. This year is just going by, and I am not ready haha.

This month I haven't been reading as much as I wanted to, but it's still more than 2017. This month I read 13 books instead of the usual 6 or 7 I used to average. I'm only a bit bummed that Holly is winning our little, friendly competition, BUT I always catch up and get ahead during the week. So I'll be ahead before you know it.


Monthly Prim Pic

A post shared by Val (@innocentreads) on

Prim looks so fucking thrilled.



Books Read This Month

Best Book: Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant
Worst Book: Speak of Me As I Am by Sonia Belasco



This month I only got to three sequels, but I finished one duology, and then another...series? I don't know whether to count companion novels as series, OR if there will be more companion novels in the future, but anyways I'll just say that happened.

Just last Sunday I attended my first ever book club meeting for The Handmaid's Tale, and it was a lot of fun! Unfortunately the next book is not something I'm interested in at all (The Giver, like ugh, didn't we all read this in middle school?), and so I probably won't be participating.

On the other hand I did just spend $40 on all the Saga comics. Except Volume 4 and 5. I'll buy those some day. ALSO during book club, I discovered there is this bookstore that sells all their used books for $1. How cool is that???

I did spend a lot of time just...working in February, and being tired and drinking 5 cups of coffee. BUT MARCH IS COMING UP AND I'M GOING TO BE SO BUSY.


How was your February?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.